Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shame on Me , Introductions  (Read 1277 times)

netwerx-r-us

• OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 400HE
    • View Profile
    • Netwerx-R-Us
Shame on Me , Introductions
« on: October 28, 2012, 05:58:48 AM »

Hello , I am a newbie on this site . wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and acknowledge the great help I have gotten so far

I live in Tennessee and besides a house that is way to big( 5800 sq ft )  I also have a commercial greenhouse that we use for tropical plants ( my wife is a plant Nut ) and I raise cage birds , parrots conures ect ect . In my real Job I am a Design and Build engineer for Computer Systems and networks at a very large healthcare company

I ran across the concept for a OWB  in Louisville Ky at specialty nursery there ( Brians Botanicals , awesome guy ) and when I asked him how he heated all those greenhouses he showed me his Heatmor heater and I was intrigued  , currently in my house its all electric,   2 large heat pumps , 5 and 3.5 tons and My greenhouse is heated by a wood furnace from rural king , its ok , but  when its cold I am up feeding the fire every 4 hours and it just cannot keep up when the temp is below 32 degrees , we lost a lot of plants the last 2 years and filling the stove up at 1000 pm , getting back up at 3 am  to fill up and then again at 7 am  is for the birds , literally 

so I started shopping around for a OWF , looked online and dealers pay Close attn , this is why I choose who I choose , I want to see a unit and preferably hooked up and running , seems I called several dealers and None had anything in stock in my area and this was in March,    I did manage to look at a couple not hooked up  and then I stumbled across the Tennessee outdoor furnaces somewhere in a forum , I looked them up and not only did they have them in stock , had one running there and invited me to their shop to see how they were made , that sold me , seeing the way they were put together made the difference, like looking under the hood of a car when buying, and someone else here on the forums mentioned it was like buying a car , everyone has preferences , anyway  enough on that ,

SO I just brought my unit home yesterday and will be hooking it up over the next month

anyway Id like to thank and acknowledge some here who have answered my questions  past and I'm sure a lot more coming , RSI, yoderheating , scott7m ,stewie3500,bajonesy77   and the list goes on and on

thanks all !awesome and informative site

Mark

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:24:03 AM by netwerx-r-us »
Netwerx-R-Us
http://netwerx-r-us.com
Kubota 3430 W loader and backhoe
Echo 440
Honda Rancher 400
Kubota ZD326