Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Optimizer 250  (Read 2242 times)

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
Optimizer 250
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »

A question for those in the know:  on this particular stove, which pipes on the back are supply and which are return?  It doesn't say in the owner's manual.

thanks, Russ.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:03:57 PM by racnruss »
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Joined the Optimizer 250 club today
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 07:14:12 PM »

I normally pull from the top of the 250
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »

RUNNNNNN it hard it loves it.
Western Maine

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 08:57:19 PM »

thanks guys.

I plumbed the back today and am pulling from the top.  I even plumbed it so I was pulling from both top bungs and returning to both bottom bungs even though I am only running one pump.  Figured that would give most complete circulation within stove.

Funny, I thought it would be bigger.  Just overall size is smaller than I'd imagined.  I'd seen videos and stuff but never in person.  Kind of like that rock star that looks so big on stage but is really small in person.
Its actually shorter front to back than the 220 was, and lighter, the skid loader had more trouble with the gt-220.

After last winter I'd be OK with skipping one but I'm going to be ready come October.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:37 AM »

Racnruss, Thank you for your purchase, if you are interested here is a simple drawing of the way I like to add a second aqua stat to the supply to shut off the blower when you run out of wood in the firebox, it is actually for the 250 but simply delete the actuator for those who do not have it on their other units, this helps to keep the heat in the boiler. Start by finding the power wire coming from the existing Aqua Stat and taking off the wire nut, the power wire then goes up to terminal R on the Honeywell strap on and then comes off the W terminal back to the blower and actuator power wires, this is set to about 160 degrees F, it will break connection shutting off the blower below 160 degrees F, A simple 60 minute timer can be wired in parallel to bypass the strap on Aqua Stat for firing up the unit
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.