Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Share your snake story!  (Read 4181 times)

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Share your snake story!
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:54:50 PM »

Messing with the woodpiles in warm weather is something I avoid, until the copperheads are more sluggish. I am not afraid of snakes, but each piece of wood I move, I look for one of those critters. Figure complacency will get me.

Anyone have a fun snake tale from cutting or wood handling?  So far I don't but I bet there are some good stories.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: Share your snake story!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:38:26 PM »

Had a big black snake crawl out of a hollow log I threw in a stove we were firing up the first time. Found him coiled up near the firebox door, too late. I picked him up and didn't know it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:48:04 PM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

jrider

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »

Snakes suck and all deserve to die.  No need for stories. :)

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »

Not all snakes deserve to die I got a couple of corn snakes in the house and a yard full of garter snakes they do not bother anyone just eat the mice and other small critters in the yard. I grew up next to a wooded area in Florida so I realize some of them gotta go, watched the old man decapitate a few of them.

Bluegrass Wood Burner

• OWF Brand: Ozzark Biomass
  • OWF Model: Gasconade 500 gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »

One of my neighbors went to check his deer stand out and found this big bit at the base of the tree. 53" with 13 rattlers.
South central Kentucky
Ford F-150
16 ft tandem trailer
3000# winch
Husqvarna 142
Husqvarna 460 rancher
6ft spud bar
Poulan 3314
22 ton lowes splitter
Timberline sharpener
"Worn out body"

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 08:19:09 AM »

Haven't seen a snake in years, but last winter I tossed an old rotten popple block in the boiler and while walking back with another, the heat had apparently awoken a bat that was hibernating in that popple block and sent him and his flaming wings out the door and right into my chest. It was like something you see on a low budget sci-fi movie with the flaming spawn of satan flying around. I'm way too white to dance, but I bet there was some pretty sweet moves happening during that episode, scared the everloving crap out of me. I did thoroughly enjoy the murder by foot afterwards though

duramax

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 03:41:37 PM »

Haven't seen a snake in years, but last winter I tossed an old rotten popple block in the boiler and while walking back with another, the heat had apparently awoken a bat that was hibernating in that popple block and sent him and his flaming wings out the door and right into my chest. It was like something you see on a low budget sci-fi movie with the flaming spawn of satan flying around. I'm way too white to dance, but I bet there was some pretty sweet moves happening during that episode, scared the everloving crap out of me. I did thoroughly enjoy the murder by foot afterwards though

Was Ozzy Ozsourne  Hanging around :)
My snake story was when we built the house. We have underground power and when they had a skid of pvc pipe here to put in the ditch, it was covered by a tarp. When we needed it later that spring I took the tarp off and we had a nest of baby garder snakes! There had to be 30 or more there. My wife hated snakes so the scream was bad. Yea one of thoose moments.
Ok that bat would get to me if it came out of the boiler at me too
Central Boiler E 1450 Homemade 13 hp wood splitter, Kubota L 3800 tractor