Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Water to Air Exchanger  (Read 7917 times)

cettt

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: g400
    • View Profile
Water to Air Exchanger
« on: December 28, 2020, 01:30:28 PM »

Has anyone ever had issues with a Water to Air Exchanger cutting down on the air flow to certain rooms?  We have 3 rooms that are the furthest away from our furnace.  We always thought that our furnace wasn't big enough for our house (since the original furnace was installed we finished the basement and put an addition on).  This past summer we replaced our furnace.  The furnace we replaced it with is much bigger and much more efficient.  However, we still have an issue with those far 3 rooms not getting any air flow.  If we close the doors to those rooms they drop in temp very quickly, like to the mid 50's.  For the experts out here, have you ever had issues with a Water to Air Exchanger limiting air flow in the duct work?  I have checked and all of the dampers are open.  The furnace guys installed a bigger supply line to increase the air volume to those rooms and still nothing has changed. 

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Water to Air Exchanger
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 08:02:00 PM »

Generally no, long as the exchanger used fills the duct completely. How old is the original construction?

I’m dealing with a OLD farmhouse, few heat runs and even less cold air returns. I’ve been adding zone heating of one kind or another to the cool rooms. All the upstairs bedrooms will be getting wall heat when remodeled.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana