Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: challange to all OWB sellers  (Read 3988 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
challange to all OWB sellers
« on: November 13, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »

there seems to be a lot of bashing here of late between owners or dealer of OWB's on honesty and truth of each other

i would like to see all these agents and owners come forth and explain truthfully the warranties they offer. some say 30 years on the boiler plate. does that mean the welds too? is the whole stove (fire box and water jacket) covered? and if the warranty is pro rated at what percent and for how many years at each percent. will they fix the stove on your property or will you have to pay for shipping to the manufacturers yard? will they supply all parts and labor to correct the flaw in your boiler or only parts or only labor?

warranties on these OWB are foggy at best, how about some truth  on them from the dealers. there are many folks coming here to get  information to help them decide what OWB they are going to choose, some truthfull answers here on the warranties may help sway their decision.

any takers?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: challange to all OWB sellers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »

I will be happy to jump in on this one. Heat Master has a Pro Rated Lifetime Warranty on their furnaces ( doesn't include gassifacation furnaces). First 5 years 100%, 6-7 is 50%, 8-9 is 40%, 10-15 is 30% and 16- life is 10%. This covers defects of manufacturing that results in leaks and it also covers corrosion so long as the water treatment schedule is followed. This covers both the fire box and water jacket. The shaker grates come with a 5 year 100% warranty. The housing ( siding, legs ect) are pro-rated over 10 years going down 10% per year. Parts such as thermostats, pumps, fans ect are all covered by their own manufactures warranty.
 I don't know how other dealers do it but I do not charge for any warranty work. In other words if a pump goes out and it is covered by warranty I am not reimbursed for my labor. If a 4 year old furnace was to have a leak and I had to bring out a new one the customer is not out a dime. Looking forward to reading how other companies handle warranties.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »

One of the Greatest challanges I've seen on this site so far!!! Good question willie!!!
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky
Central boiler 5036 installed in 09

Russ Brumit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 07:05:34 AM »

Well I just started selling Shavers so i haven't had any problems yet . Here is there warranty. I did have a problem with the solenoid on my stove . They sent me one out .Got it in a few days. This is from their website.

Warranty

20-year-warrantyShaver Outdoor Wood Furnace
On-Site Warranty
for 20 years!
First 5 Years paid 100%
30 Year/Lifetime Warranty on roof and siding!

We have a 5-YEAR ON-SITE warranty against leaks on the furnace – NOT prorated – 100% PAID

Plus we have a 20-YEAR Parts AND Labor ON-SITE warranty (pro-rated) against leaks and structural defects on the furnace.

Electrical components such as the fan, thermostat and pump and the door and grates have a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. We will ship you a new part. Nothing takes more than 10 minutes to replace.

We don’t have you ship the furnace back to us, like some other companies demand.

We also don’t send you a roll of 18 gauge metal, like one furnace owner told me his company did, along with a list of local welders! Can you believe that’s how some people (dis)honor their warranty?

We send a professional repairman out, to your furnace, and it’s repaired on the spot, if a leak should develop! If you’re too far away from us, we get a repairman local to you.

Years 6-20 are prorated as follows.

Years 1 – 5    – 100%
Year 6  – 90%
Year 7  – 80%
Year 8  – 70%
Year 9  – 60%
Year 10  – 50%
Year 11  – 40%
Year 12  – 30%
Year 13  – 30%
Year 14  – 30%
Year 15-20  – 20%
Year 21 to forever (Lifetime) – 10%

The cost of the service call is not covered after 5 years.

The life of your furnace depends upon proper maintenance. With proper maintenance your furnace can give you 30 years of dependable service.

You MUST submit a water sample to Wood Boiler Solutions LLC annually for professional lab analysis. You MUST follow their recommendations.
Shaver  Series 290
443-907-7455

Roscommon

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 06:57:55 AM »

Hi Willie,
Heatmors for 3 yrs.
Northern Mi. used hard its cold.
There are about 50 in my area. Oldest I know of is 200 at 16 yrs it needed aquastat and gasket set.
Have had 1 leak issue. 7yr old 400.
Warranty was 60% of replacement cost. Not happy with warranty. Bought diff furnace.
9 yr old 400 bladder leak. Bladder warranty 2 yrs. $40 shipped direct to customer
no issues paying for parts.
Very few replacement parts.
you can replace just about any part on these.
Factory is very good to work with and willing to help.
Will send cert. ss welder at there cost.
Have 4 200css in third year no issues.
for the other dealers how many are in your area are going?
Tod

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 07:47:27 AM »

Heres what the manual says for my OWB: Lifetime Limited Warranty

Any stove which is determined to be defective in material or workmanship within the first 6 years and returned to Aqua-Therm, freight prepaid, will be repaired or replaced at Aqua-Therm's option at no charge to you... In years 7 through the life of the product Aqua-Therm will pay a prorated share of any repair or replacement cost..
 7th yr-50%
8th yr-45%
9th yr-40%
10th yr-35%
11th yr-30%
12th yr-25%
13th yr-20%
14th yr through 19th yr-15%
20th year and beyond 10%

All components: fans, baffles, pumps, aquastates,relays,gauges,relief valves, expansion tanks, heat exchangers, etc. are warranted by there manfactures.In addition, Aqua-therm warrants the orginal factory installed components for 1 year from date of purchase.
Corrosion inhibitor must be used and maintained for warranty to remain in effect.

Owner's registration card must be completed and returned to Aqua-Therm within 30 days from purchase for warrenty to be in effect.
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 08:21:11 AM »

Hi Willie,
Heatmors for 3 yrs.
Northern Mi. used hard its cold.
There are about 50 in my area. Oldest I know of is 200 at 16 yrs it needed aquastat and gasket set.
Have had 1 leak issue. 7yr old 400.
Warranty was 60% of replacement cost. Not happy with warranty. Bought diff furnace.
9 yr old 400 bladder leak. Bladder warranty 2 yrs. $40 shipped direct to customer
no issues paying for parts.
Very few replacement parts.
you can replace just about any part on these.
Factory is very good to work with and willing to help.
Will send cert. ss welder at there cost.
Have 4 200css in third year no issues.
for the other dealers how many are in your area are going?
Tod
A quick response to Roscommon's questions for other dealers.
 I have been a Heatmaster dealer 5 years.
 Have sold several hundred furnaces, currently selling at a rate of 50-60 per year.
 Have never had a leak on a furnace I have sold but have had to replace a number of other parts (pumps, fans ect).
HeatMaster and Heatmore are both made out of 409ss, glad to hear that it has been working well for you also.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master