Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: classic-e-classic  (Read 2505 times)

rclay1981

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Tennessee Outdoor Furnace
  • OWF Model: Hoss 600HE
    • View Profile
classic-e-classic
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »

hi guys new to the site, i have read quit a bit on it today seems to be pretty good
i know their has been a couple of post on this all ready but i'm getting rid of my forced air wood furnace and going to be getting a 6048 or e-2400 boiler here pretty quick while they still have the rebates going on. Just wanting to get some opinions on them maybe try to figure out which one would be best for me. I've got a lot of seasoned wood and some not so seasoned wood that will be burnt in one of them. just wondering if the e-classics are really that pickey with the unseasoned wood or if it would just add some extra maintenance add if they burn that much less wood compared to the 6048 which from what i read it seams to be pretty bullet proof
thanks for any help

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
Re: classic-e-classic
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:52:10 PM »

Rclay, I operated a CL5648 for 7 years, which would be the equivilent of todays CL6048 model. You have heard right, it is bulletproof and became part of the family. My best friend who is a CB dealer finally talked me into moving into the E2400 model and had a buyer for my CL5648. I have gone from 10-11 full cord per year down to 6 full cord last season  and will come in under 5 full cord this mild season.  Sounds like the E2300 was a bit "quirky" and required more babysitting, but I haven't found that to be the issue with my E2400. Probably a little more cleaning, but well worth it.  Yes, at least 6 month seasoned wood is required for best operation of any "gasser" IMO.  I block wood to 24" lengths and if over 8-10+ inches round I split it, but I've cut my wood consumption by 40-50% which blows me away! An occasional 12 incher thrown up on top of the load seems to work ok too.  Yes a little more prep work, but I must say my back appreciates throwing the smaller logs into the fire during the heating season...bottom line, I would stay with my new Eclassic simply because of the wood savings.