Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: help fan center problem  (Read 1709 times)

pintopaul

• OWF Brand: wood master
  • OWF Model: model 434
    • View Profile
help fan center problem
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:18 PM »

need help hopefully rsi or someone can help, my fan center stopped working i think its the relay on the fan center. turn thermostat up it clicks at the thermostat but the fan center does nothing. if i put the blower on fresh air the fan works. should i replace the relay on the fan center and why did it only last 3 or 4 years.

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
Re: help fan center problem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »

It sounds like the relay to me, since the fresh air side works that would seem to prove that the transformer is good. Perhaps the motor is large in regards to the capacity of the contacts, you didn't say what size your fan motor or which size fancenter but the relay should list contact rating, you would want that rating to exceed the motor current by at least 25 percent to get longer life. Could also wear from switching often?

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:02:15 PM »

Take a short piece of wire and use it to short the G and R connections together on the fan center. If it clicks and the blower doesn't come on then the contact are probably bad. (if it is a 2 pole relay you can probably switch to the other side if it isn't being used)
If it doesn't click, the coil on the relay could be bad, the transformer bad or a wiring problem.

If you have a volt meter, check if there is anything between C and R.

pintopaul

• OWF Brand: wood master
  • OWF Model: model 434
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »

i purchased a new fan center, tried replacing just the relay didnt work so i replaced the whole thing the transformer was bad. We get alot of power outages here so maybe that has alot to do with it not lasting. i did buy 2 i dont want to have this happen again at 30 below. Thanks for the help.