Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My build thread.  (Read 7149 times)

dwneast77

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler; Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300; HE10000
    • View Profile
    • HeatherWood Gardens
Re: My build thread.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »

Paperman:   The two big doors both lead to the firebox.  The top door is the fill door.  The lower of the 2 big doors has a small door within it.  That big door is bolted shut most of the time (just a service entrance, so to speak).  The small door is used to rake the coals around and just check on things at the bottom of the firebox.  The lowest door is the combustion chamber and cleanout.  If you think that's a lot of doors,  wait until I get you a picture of the back of the stove!!  Without looking, I think there are 5 cleanout doors back there as the heat exchanger weeves it's way up to the top of the stove.  Really a very simple design.  Maybe not the most efficient, but descent. 

Your take on the air supply is correct.  Feeds a smaller amount of air to the combustion chamber and more to the primary firebox.  It is considered a gasser.  It is not as efficient as my CB when that is running properly. 
Eastern Maine (near Calais)
Central Boiler E-2300
Wood Doctor HE10000
Stihl 290 Farmboss
Craftsman 27 ton Splitter
JD 870 Tractor

dwneast77

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler; Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300; HE10000
    • View Profile
    • HeatherWood Gardens
Re: My build thread.
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »

Here is a view of the back the my Wood Doctor HE10000.  Exhaust comes down through the firebox floor and to the back in the bottom tube then up to the second tube where it turns and travels about 1/3 distance toward the front then up to the next and back again and so on.  Zig Zags it's way to the chimney. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Eastern Maine (near Calais)
Central Boiler E-2300
Wood Doctor HE10000
Stihl 290 Farmboss
Craftsman 27 ton Splitter
JD 870 Tractor
Pages: 1 [2]