Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Draft Fan Opening  (Read 31692 times)

rick n kristi

• View Profile
Re: Draft Fan Opening
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2012, 03:19:03 PM »

I had not seen or heard of this problem. My control side faces north and the bottom plumbing access points are currently open. I have not noted any condensation buildup or other issue with the openings. In fact the access door does not seal up so closing the bottom will only slow air circulation. It has never seemed to be warm back there even in the shoulder season. The bottom plumbing holes on my unit are currently covered with hardware cloth to keep out the little critters looking for insulation to stuff their home with. I will have to pay close attention to the condensation issues.
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum

MD20/20

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: 325G
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »

good idea on the hardware cloth, and you're right about the green wood burning fast.  What's your differential set at on the aqua stat?
Central MD

allis48

• OWF Brand: natures comfort
  • OWF Model: ncb250
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 04:36:54 AM »

What I noticed with mine is, when I shut the draft down the unit would not build heat when the stat was calling for heat, when both heat exchanger were running. There for the the blower fan was running all the time . Wood consumption was high. Took the fan off removed the slide and sealed the fan mount to the burner with slide removed. Has been working great for the last week and the weather has been warm and the fire still relights just fine.

MD20/20

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »

I may try that next season.
Central MD

allis48

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »

I may try that next season.

i have been running it that way for 2 weeks now it works much better than factory. Ohio weather has been really strange this year, and it doesn't overheat or go out when its 60 they it still build all the heat you need when it drops to 14 the next day befroe I had to adjust the slide back and forth to adjust for the weather condition.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »

Allis, the ncb with no restriction of air should be shooting flames out the stack if your wood quality was good.  I ran one a good while and I never ever bothered the air slider, always had it open to the 2nd or 3rd notch, I had good wood and that was enough air to make it burn clean...  If i gave it more air it didn't help anything
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

allis48

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2012, 04:59:31 AM »

in the third notch when the weather was warm it blew the float off the top got to hot, they said it should
be in the highest position did that and at night when it was cold no heat plus horrible wood consumption
the fan ran all night tring to build heat. No flames out the top but i put 5ft of pipe on top to help get smoke over
buildings.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »

The adjuster has nothing to do with stoves overheating om warm days.  Sounds like you had or may still have an air leak

If your getting smoke after the first burn your air is likely not adjuster properly, my nc would burn really clean, I'd just give it enough air to watch the stack quit smoking, I knew it was close to being right then
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

MD20/20

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »

I had to adjust my door today.  Saw a little smoke seeping out.  Hoping that helps with burn times.
Central MD

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »

I had to adjust my door today.  Saw a little smoke seeping out.  Hoping that helps with burn times.

Sometimes they'll leak when the fan is on and the firebox is pressurized, if you haven't had overheating problems, I doubt you'll see any change in burn times

But you were due a door adjustment, shouldn't have to make one for a good while now.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

MD20/20

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »

Had to adjust my door again.  Really need a lot of pressure to have a good seal.
Central MD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]