Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: charge air tube  (Read 2385 times)

this_justin

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: e classic 2400
    • View Profile
charge air tube
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:23:45 PM »

Just got my 2400 installed.  Have a stupid question.  The charge air tube came installed and slid all the way back. It doesn't say in the installation instructions where is it to be installed.  With it slid all the way back there is no way for the air to enter the tube.  Does it get slid forward until the dowel hits the firebrick?

Jack72

• OWF Model: E-1450 (11)
    • View Profile
Re: charge air tube
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »

Just got my 2400 installed.  Have a stupid question.  The charge air tube came installed and slid all the way back. It doesn't say in the installation instructions where is it to be installed.  With it slid all the way back there is no way for the air to enter the tube.  Does it get slid forward until the dowel hits the firebrick?

Hello Justn.

On my 1450 the charge tube has the dowel on the bottom which sits into the hole on the firebrick.      (you should see a factory hole between the two firebricks toward the front  it's about half inch in size
Hope this answers your question.    If your still not sure Or confused I will send you can a picture of mine
Jack
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:37:45 PM by Jack72 »
Chevy 2500 HD 13 Duramax
Stihl 046 036 009
Northern Tool 25 ton Splitter

boilerman

• OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
Re: charge air tube
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »

I have a E2400 and Jack is right on the money, the dowel on the bottom front of the air charge tube should drop into a hole in the front firebirck refractory. Congrats on your purchase!