Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hardy Phase II boiler  (Read 3750 times)

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
Hardy Phase II boiler
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »

I saw on Hardy's website that they now have a phase II qualified boiler.  Has anyone seen one of these?  There's not too much information out there on them yet.  It's called a KB 165.
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

walkerdogman85

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy Phase II boiler
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »

Figures I bought the h-4 in march of this year mabye I should have waited but oh well I run this one till the epa says I can't have it. I wonder when ohio will have rules like that?
Michael West
Central Ohio

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »

Here is what I can tell you...  Bates distributing is the main dog for hardy supplying the dealers.  They have been worried that once more states go EPA phase 2 they would be done, so bates distributing has now began converting there hardy dealers to empyre dealers.  Not something I'm thrilled about but that's what's happening

I guess bottom line was they didn't beleive in the hardy gasser
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 07:27:39 AM »

Here is what I can tell you...  Bates distributing is the main dog for hardy supplying the dealers.  They have been worried that once more states go EPA phase 2 they would be done, so bates distributing has now began converting there hardy dealers to empyre dealers.  Not something I'm thrilled about but that's what's happening

I guess bottom line was they didn't beleive in the hardy gasser

Interesting....  I'm curious to learn more about the new stove.  I think Hardy makes a good product just because of the fact that there isn't much to the existing design. They are very basic, striaght forward stoves.  But as we know, there's a lot more to a gasser.

I am not really sure that if I were to buy a new stove that I would go with a Hardy, but I'm still interested to see what the new stove is like. 

Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter