Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: wood splitter info wanted  (Read 3131 times)

jackel440

• View Profile
wood splitter info wanted
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »

Does anybody here have a Timberwolf TW-6 splitter?
I have a friend who just got one.I have yet to see it ,but I know he LOVES it!I am quite impressed with the cycle times.I am thinking about building my own just like it.I have to send out a qoute to see about getting a custom cylinder made.The cylinder they run is not a stock style cylinder due to the larger rod.
Just looking for opinions from others on this model splitter.I have been using another friend's regular splitter,and I have to say that it sucks knowing that there is a better one out there.I will admit I am glad not to be doing it by hand.I was going to buy one,but my tax return is not going to be that large .So..I guess I am going to have to build one if I want to have one. >:D
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
Re: wood splitter info wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »

Timberwolf makes good splitters

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »

I was hoping my refund would be big this year,but it's not.I was going to order one when my buddy did,but that didn't happen.So I guess I am goint to have to design my own.I have a few things I need for one already,but there is some items I am going to have to order custom built to match up with the TW performance.
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

oldchenowth

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:28:19 AM »

Not sure what my step dad has (brand)  13hp motor 30 ton ram, tilt bed, trailer type. works killer!  I think around $1600 at TSC Stores.
Did need modification to the wedge to be made bigger.  pretty awesome but I don't know what one can be built for.  We do all his and my wood in no time flat.  thing splits anything I have come accross

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »

Timberwolf.. twp1 owner here..Great wood splitter! I think the timberwolfs are pricey but you get what you pay for..The only thing I wish with my splitter..I wish the ram would stop closer to the wedge..Splitting "stringy" wood at times can be a pain..Other than that no complaints.. Plenty of power too 5.5 honda..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

woodburner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 07:09:10 AM »

I have the $999.00 model from TSC, 2nd year. It has split everything I have put to it including large trunks with big knots, and my Dad's finger when he forgot to move it.(it healed 10 months later, kinda) This cheaper model only has a 6.5 briggs on it, but plenty of power. I only run it at 1/2 throttle to keep the noise down, it works a little slower that way, so I kinda get a break while working, and it's great on fuel. If you can build 1 cheaper & have the time to wait for your finished product, GO FOR IT, I love to save $ when I can, but I needed 1 much quicker than I could build 1.
Woodburner
Central Boiler 5036 since Aug.2011
Galloway, Ohio
Lookin for ways to beat the Utility Co's everyday!