Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2H/2C conventional and 3H/2C heat pump  (Read 7243 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: 2H/2C conventional and 3H/2C heat pump
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 12:21:52 AM »

I was just looking at your diagram. Where do the wires for the high speed fan switch go?

nsflatlander

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 06:55:27 AM »

Thanks RSI,

Here's an updated diagram. As for turning on both the low speed and high speed fan at the same time. As far as I can tell, if I turn on the low and then the high, it just switches from low to high.

I've decided that I could care less about cooling stages. As long as I can turn on the fan from the thermostat manually, that is all I need.

I've been working with someone that I know personally on this, and he sounds to be leaning towards using a 3H thermostat and a PLC control unit (not sure if I'm saying that right) in order to get the stages of heating that I desire. If I ever get this working, I'll post a thread on how we accomplished it.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 07:14:56 PM »

I still don't see the high speed fan switch on the diagram.

You shouldn't need any PLC controller, two relays with 24v coils should be all you need.

To just do single stage or even two stage you will need at least one relay. There isn't any low voltage wiring on the fan circuit currently. If you want the pump to come on with the blower, you will want to get a 2 pole relay so you can run the pump on the 2nd set of contacts.

nsflatlander

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 04:48:39 AM »

Sorry, I understand what you are asking now. The "switch" is on the box that has red blue and black wires coming out of it that says load fan, line fan, load limit. It's like a little button or post that pushes in.

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 07:04:26 PM »

Ok, that is real simple then. You will need two relays. For the low speed, just connect the common to #1 and the NO connection to 3 on the box labeled shrack.
For high speed connect the common to a hot lead (#7 on the same box will work) and connect the NO to the A connection.
I think I mentioned if you want the pump to come on with it you will need to use 2 pole relays. Just run a hot lead to the common on the other pole (the same #7 may work if the wiring is big enough in that circuit) on both relays. Then on the NO connection on that side, tie together on both relays and run to the pump hot wire. Connect neutral direct for the pump.

If this is too confusing, I may be able to draw up something when I get some free time.
Pages: 1 [2]