Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: ???? on temp  (Read 2738 times)

pintopaul

• OWF Brand: wood master
  • OWF Model: model 434
    • View Profile
???? on temp
« on: February 14, 2016, 01:42:57 PM »

when its about zero my temp in the house stays where the thermostat is set 78 (yes i know 78 is warm but i have a cold blooded wife) (didnt mean no disrepect) but when its cold like last night -22 below it dropped down to 70 in my house can someone answer why? outdoor wood boiler is set to turn on front fan at 150 off at 170 should i turn it up? thanks paul

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: ???? on temp
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »

my first question would be....when you cant get your house over 70 degrees in the extreme cold, does your OWB ever get to the set temp and the blower shut off?

if the answer is yes then you could try turning up the off and  on temps some. perhaps you need to have a larger heat exchanger in your furnace?

it is obvious that in the extreme cold you are unable  to deliver enough btu to the home to compensate for the btu losses

first thing to check is...is your OWB capable of producing the needed btu and are your lines and exchanger capable of delivering those btu
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Drivebymashing

• OWF Brand: Earth Outdoor
  • OWF Model: 305 Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »

Try bumping your on off temps to 180 off and 170 on and see what happens. Thats where mine is set. Seems to be perfect for me. Every set up is somewhat different i guess.
Husqvarna 445
Husqvarna 262xp
Husqvarna 55
2004 Corvette Z06
1971 Deuce and a half 10x10

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 06:09:18 PM »

If the owb is keeping up like Willie mentioned, I would check the temp drop on the return line. If your pump is under sized a larger hx won't help. If the return is not too cold then you may need a larger hx or just bumping up the owb temp may work.

pintopaul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 03:28:46 PM »

i bumped it up to turn fan on at 170 off at 180 we are looking at below zero temp coming tonight ill let ya know if that works . thanks all

pintopaul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 03:35:21 PM »

i put the temp up to turn fan on at 170 off at 180 and its going to be below zero tonight ill let everyone know how it does. thanks