Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: ProFab has some issues!  (Read 40321 times)

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
Re: ProFab has some issues!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2014, 11:27:24 PM »

My wife is from Delaware, so I have some idea of local weather conditions. But not a lot.

All I know about this particular Boiler is from their web site.

Looking at your photograph and making some hopefully reasonable assumptions I think you are likely to have too big a boiler even after you have added the Garage to the system.

What were you using before you obtained the OWB? Just wondering about size and how it met your needs. Do you have a heat loss calculation on your House and new build?

If I am right about it being too big, then there would seem to be several options:

Return unit for a refund, going to assume that is tricky.

Swap it out for one the right size, may also be tricky.

Make the current one work using a different install.

I tend to over investigate any new purchase, I know I am a bit unusual in that. I make sure I have some check questions to check their knowledge. But having said that it should not have to be that way.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Pro fab
  • OWF Model: Pro 400
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 11:59:16 PM »

Theboiler. Thank you for your questions. My house was electric forced air heat. Until I received a $721 bill. Electric got shut off. And a homemade wood burner was already in the basement. We used it for that winter. That summer removed it and had a Tractor supply Clayton forced air stove

http://m.tractorsupply.com/en/store/united-states-stove-clayton-wood-coal-stove-with-draft-kit-twin-800-cfm-blowers

A heat calculator? No.
I understand what your asking. I work with a/c units. But before that gets thrown at me. I fix them not install them.

I think I used less wood with the Clayton.
Issues was we got the house to 74 then needed to stock wood. After stocking the house was 64 or less and was a cycle like that.
I live where there is no choice in heating. Wood or electric.
My parents house burnt due to a fire and has bothered me since. I was the one taking care of it. They ship themselves to Flordia in winter. Always had that fear of what if! And with my girls in the house. I did not sleep. Yes a long story on that part.
Call the dealer yourself. And just ask about buying a burner. He can talk the talk and I fell. My bad!

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2014, 12:11:06 AM »

Also requested a refund. No comment. Installer said the dealer blamed him. Dealer is acting like lowes or Home Depot. Issues take it to the manufacture not me! 
I had a central boiler and hardy dealer to look at it. All I can say is they both said wow. On inside and out. But what do you expect from me. I am not the burner expert. You all can't provide the best burner, instulation and maintenance or how much wood to use. It's all a demand thing. I get that now. And thanks once again for your info.
I guess I should have just powered the unit down that morning in feb and left it freeze. But I did not.
But what done is done. My bad or there's.
the question is how can it be wright?

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2014, 04:32:34 AM »

Spyder are you at all interested in fixing the whole problem and are you willing to listen/ take advice, sorry I missed all the action last night, I went to bed early. The picture you posted of the piping in my opinion is a hack job and yes you were taken for a ride, what can we do to help you. No I am not on the take and that is an insult to me, the only monies that I receive for being on this forum are from portage and main, we simply think that helping the industry to improve it's name helps us all as citizens and manufacturers, if you would like some advice then we are here to help!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 05:41:48 AM »

I would love advise. And I apologize! I want it fixed but not a bandaide tossed on it. It's plugged up now due to the air not getting in. I cleaned it and 10 holes plugged solid. Took over 2 hours and the door seal leaks. Looks like hell. But I informed them all about it. I even slapped on some metal duct tape to help me get by. Do you still clean it? Yes toss in the pro former?  Yes cause I am stuck with it.
And to top it all off I now have a water pump leaking. Spilling out between the motor and the pump. Great!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 05:48:56 AM »

OK, the past is the past and now we can start anew, can you tell me where you are at, perhaps somebody on here that has some knowledge of install and operation would be willing to come to your home and give advice, Scott will more than likely be your best bet as far as the stove is concerned and I'm sure he will be willing, he really is a great guy, but to me that is the least of your problem, the majority of your issues are in the install, can you post some more photo's of it.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 06:37:01 AM »

Thank you slimjim. I live near Mercer pa. What pics do you want of burner or inside hack job
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:38:59 AM by Spyder5276 »

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 06:42:39 AM »

Pictures of everything plumbing and I don't know if anyone asked but how far is the boiler from the house and what size lines are buried underground?
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 06:45:20 AM »

Could you send those to corporate and Scott, perhaps he can help with that part, let them know you want to work with them to fix it and WE can perhaps work on the install portion as I think that is where the problems started and snowballed from there, Jwood the original post appears to be  Logstor pipe but then appears to be either 3/4 inch or 1 inch nominally sized pex with lots of 90's

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2014, 07:38:29 AM »

Spyder, show me one place where I said you were a dick????  It was you and your bad attitude that started holler u needed to act like s dick to get help, I simply said that all that dick talk wouldnt help you

But, since you have seemed to cool below boiling, maybe we can address issues.

In regards to your dealer, what does he say about your install?  The install can potentially make the problem you have worse as well, but there is still the huge issue of oversizing, correcting this with storage could be possible but it would not be cheap

Im not sure how your stove is even operating, but its going to be a mother to try to get it clean now
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 08:21:25 AM »

How much per KW do you pay?

Is this something you will do yourself or are you looking for someone to do the design and install?

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »

Welder just left "I am not touching it"

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »

The dealer told the installer I have you what profab sent to me. So it's your problem you installed it. SCOTT I AM TRUELY SORRY. It has been a rough winter and had a very bad day.  My bad. And to all who read it also SORRY ! My first electric bill when the winter hit was $712. I will get more pics. I have been busy and soccer games for my girls.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2014, 12:15:49 PM »

Spyder, how far off 81 are you? Perhaps we could stop on the way home?

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2014, 12:17:42 PM »

No problem we will forgive you as long as you help the next fella with problems that's what everyone is here for, oh and of course talking about how we all like to burn wood!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9