Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: E1450 Reaction Chamber Temperature Sensor  (Read 3514 times)

PapaTango

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E1450
    • View Profile
E1450 Reaction Chamber Temperature Sensor
« on: October 04, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »

I purchased an e1450 about 4 months ago and I've been heating dhw all summer.  Seems like I'm not getting as high of a temp down in the reaction chamber over the last few weeks. I've cleaned out the air intakes in the firebox, cleaned the silenoid elbows, kept reaction chamber clear of ash, been burning dry wood, etc.  I'm wondering if anyone knows the location of the temperature sensor in the reaction chamber?  I'm wondering if it needs to be wiped clean or inspected?

Any assistance would be gratefull. 

Thanks,
Papa Tango

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
Re: E1450 Reaction Chamber Temperature Sensor
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »

The sensor is on top of reaction chamber when u pull the brick that seals the chamber when u clean it out it's like 8"by8" brick u may have pushed it up out of the chamber

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 05:13:21 PM »

When u pul back dragging the ash out with the hoe and go back in u may have pushed it up n in towards the firebox where the wood is

PapaTango

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »

Thanks for the information, I think I may have inadvertently pushed it up into that round housing. It only protrudes out of the housing about a 1/4 inch. Do you know if it is better to pull on it from the reaction chamber or open up the airbox and try and push it down from there. I don't want to damage it by trying to pull on it because there just isn't enough protruding to get a hold of.

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 03:34:35 AM »

Thanks for the information, I think I may have inadvertently pushed it up into that round housing. It only protrudes out of the housing about a 1/4 inch. Do you know if it is better to pull on it from the reaction chamber or open up the airbox and try and push it down from there. I don't want to damage it by trying to pull on it because there just isn't enough protruding to get a hold of.

I wouldn't try pulling on it, it may damage it.  Your second option is the better way but if you have the operators manual, follow the directions.  It should be extending about 2" into the reaction chamber.  Also, be careful when cleaning the ash from the reaction chamber not to break it.  Everytime I put the hoe inside my Eclassic 1400 I always bend over to see where it is so I do not hit.  Before I close the door, I always reach inside and wipe it if there is any buildup on it.  Again, use care doing this, you do not want to damage it.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

PapaTango

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 07:04:37 AM »

Thanks for the advice.  I was able to push it down from the air box and it is now protruding into the reaction chamber about 1/2 inch (recommended by the manual).  Got temps in the 900's down there after fixing it. Haven't seen that in a few weeks and now she has no more smoke rolling out it. 

I really appreciate the help and it's gotten me back on track.  Looking forward to snow flying and the propane man driving by.

Thanks,
Papa

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »

PapaTango - Thanks for the update.  I'm glad it was a simple fix.  Enjoy keeping your home nice and warm this winter.  It's very important to keep the primary air holes free of buildup.  Otherwise the fire will go out and you'll be outdoors at 1:30 in the morning with temps in the lower teens clearing them (don't ask me how I know).   :)  Roger     
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

lasasj

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 07:21:15 AM »

What were the reaction temps prior to adjusting?

Mine seem to be just under the water temp