Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Aspen Owner is Looking for Feedback  (Read 7745 times)

maine owb

• ASPEN 175 in Full Operation
    • View Profile
Aspen Owner is Looking for Feedback
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:44:23 PM »

I currently own an ASPEN 175 and would like to talk with other owners of the same boiler to see what is working and what is not.

ARE

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Aspen Owner is Looking for Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 07:20:21 AM »

Maine, was able to check out the pictures you sent at work, still trying to get DSL but they are having problems getting out to our area, and not interested in getting satelite. Looks like you have a good set up. I see it wasn't smoking much in the picture, perfect! Hope I have the same luck when I install the 2300 I bought. I could not find many people that were running the 175 and have looked at other forums. Again your wood consumption is low, which is great.
Good Luck with the Aspen,
RAL
CB E-Classic 2300

SunnyClara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »

Maine
I have a Greenwood Aspen.  Been operating since Jan 1st 2009.  I clean the boiler tubes about every 3 weeks.  I clean the lower ash tube every 2-3 days.  Biggest problem?  The fine ash sometimes packs in the firebox, where the air must exit down into the lower ash tube.  This packed ash limts air flow and temperature will never get over 140F.  The only fix is to taek the tool provided and rake the opeingins from firebox to ash tube.  Careful this is firebrick.  I will say, this packing happens only sometimes.  It is more common during springtime, since during January at near zero F temps we had no issues.

I am heating 3000 sqft house, all domestic hot water, and a 1000 sqft workshop.  Insulation is average at best, all buildings are 40 years old.
Sunny

maine owb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »

where do you live? have you tried contacting greenwood lately? I need a part and can't get through to them.
I also had to take my blower off and clean it and the chamber it blows into out. I had all but lost most of the air flow.

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »

Maine OWB,
Just saw on the other wood boiler site ,  a Greenwood posting. Guy on there states, he heard that Greenwood might be claiming Bankruptcy.  Maybe that's the reason you can't get anyone to call you back. Hope not. Just give you a heads up.
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »

Just saw another posting on Greenwood, was on the other site. Posting states they are Toast. Phones shut off ,done. The guy called a dealer. I'll bet there will be more companies, that go down too. Hopefully the people who have invested their hard earned money in Greenwood products, will be taken care of some how.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:30:33 PM by charlie »
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:55:32 PM »

Just saw another posting on Greenwood, was on the other site. Posting states they are Toast. Phones shut off ,done. I'll bet there will be more to come yet. The guy called a dealer.
Ouch!
Northern MN

maine owb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »

I own an aspen and i think they are done but the company that makes the boiler "pro fab" in canada is doing fine. They make a lot of things. They have a boiler called the empyre that is the exact same thing as the aspen 175. they will sell parts soon. Once greenwood is technically done i was told pro fab will be able to sell parts. Greenwood never made anything, they just sold boilers and parts. Part of greenwoods problem was that GE finance pulled out I think. Go to the www.profab.org website and check out the empyre boiler.

I also need a couple parts.

djbarber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 06:38:15 AM »

Any feed back on the Empyre Pro Series that replaced the Aspen ?