Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: fan or no fan???  (Read 5124 times)

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
fan or no fan???
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:18:30 AM »

I wonder how many of you guys are running fans on your boilers.I think im gonna try one out.I was also wondering if you can just shut it off if its not needed.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: fan or no fan???
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »

I wonder how many of you guys are running fans on your boilers.I think im gonna try one out.I was also wondering if you can just shut it off if its not needed.
you can wire your stove with a manual shut off if you like...i don't think it would take much...yoru blower and solenoid must recieve a signal from your stat. if you wire a manual switch in before both of these components....you have the choice of overriding your stat.
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
Re: fan or no fan???
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:39:18 PM »

Last year I was considering adding a fan to my CB 6048.  I was also burning alot of wet and greener wood.  I didn't really need it but thought it would help get the fire started easier (obviously)
Once it got started, I don't think I needed it and I was thinking I would just shut it off.

This year, I'm burning much drier wood and there's no trouble starting it and keeping it going.  I'm burning alot less wood than last year and think that if I added the fan, it would just be blowing the heat up the chimney.

I can see it for wet wood, but not needed if you're burning dry wood.  That big hole in the door let's in enough air I think.
Hudson, WI