Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: off topic electric stove  (Read 4372 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
off topic electric stove
« on: December 07, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »

jsut thought i post this up. it is not my idea and i found it thourgh a search engine but i thought it might be helpful to some other folks as the baking season is here

my wife put her stove on auto clean and when it was all done she went about wiping the stove off with some kind of cleanser, well she had the rag quite wet and some went in the vent at teh top of the door and ran down inside between the insid and outer glass. she asked me to take teh door apart and clean the inside of the glass. well that looked like a big job so i tried to figure out how to get the door off and then get all the screws out and pry the door apart to get at the glass. before i tackled that i thought i would google it. Well! What followed was a life saver. turns out a few women have had the same problem, i read one story of how the lady called the repair man and he took the thing all apart and she paid 180 bucks (whew not for me) then the next one was the bomb! A  guy said his wife had the same problem and while he was trying to figure out how to get the door apart he took the bottom drawer out and was laying on the floor and noticed that the vents in the bottom of the door were a little larger thatn the top he put a wool sock over a very stiff steel rod and shoved it up through the vent and swiped around like a windshield wiper and POOF clean window. I tried it and it worked like a charm. i hope my passing this on will help some other poor smuck and earn him a big thank you from his darlin too. Merry Christmas to you all
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: off topic electric stove
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »

very cool tip.thanks Willie! :thumbup:
I have yet to do that job ,but when i do i will have to remeber that.
I have had another stove door apart.Well it came to me apart.It went back together fairly easy in about 15 min. after i straightened all the bent metal flanges
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

bikeralan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 12:53:56 AM »

Great tip, now I can charge the wife 180 bucks lol

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 06:29:27 AM »

lmao!  She just won't cook for you any more..... :o ;D
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 10:58:06 AM »

U might want to rethink that one. It's all about how often you want her warm buns!I'll leave it at that. ;D

yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »

Thats funny, my wife was just asking a couple weeks ago if there was a way I could take apart her door and clean it, I hadn't gotten around to looking at it, I just went and looked, I think your tip will work Wilie, thanks
Northern MN

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »

its not my tip yoda, i found it on line but i am  happy to pass it on, if you try it make sure you use a good stiff rod. i tried with a fly swatter handle and it would not do it, i ended up with a rod of about 1/4 inch (it was used to hold a carpet runner on the stairs)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada