Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Post some pics of your wood piles and stoves. Heres mine  (Read 15588 times)

Tree_Killer

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000SS
    • View Profile
Re: Post some pics of your wood piles and stoves. Heres mine
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »

I see you did the same thing as me with your support wires on the stack..Im up 19 feet
[/quote]

Yepper.  Thanks for the ideal...and the proof it works.  I got the chimney bracket from a company, online, that deals with central boiler.  It works well with

Looking forward to firing up the owb and seeing how it works.  Not cold enough here yet.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:17:45 PM by Tree_Killer »
Climb High Tree Service
Lebanon PA

Certified Arborist

"Kiss My Axe"

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 06:23:06 PM »

I see you did the same thing as me with your support wires on the stack..Im up 19 feet

Yepper.  Thanks for the ideal...and the proof it works.  I got the chimney bracket from a company, online, that deals with central boiler.  It works well with

Looking forward to firing up the owb and seeing how it works.  Not cold enough here yet.
[/quote] Hey np lol..Thats the exact same thing i did ..Except I didn't buy the bracket online..Bought it from a central boiler dealer...lol..You got turn buckles to keep the tension? The set up absolutely works.. Yeah Im looking forward to firing up the  owb as well..Its been warm heres as well..Maybe this weekend Ill see
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:25:22 PM by MattyNH »
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »

Yep....  That's a lot to put on one

Hoping it works for you...  The e series heatmaster has a lower exhaust temp than most models so we just gotta hope that by the time it's at the top it's still over 300... 

I know on some of the newer e series you can't even add 3 ft of chimney without potential issues because stack temps are so low, even if its insulated
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Boydz

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 10,000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:20 PM »

Hoping it works for you...  The e series heatmaster has a lower exhaust temp than most models so we just gotta hope that by the time it's at the top it's still over 300... 

I know on some of the newer e series you can't even add 3 ft of chimney without potential issues because stack temps are so low, even if its insulated

Scott, Can you educate me on this further please.
I've got a Heatmaster 10KE with about 6' of insulated stack. Are you guys thinking its efficient enough to condensate before it gets to the top causing moisture problems or creosote buildup ? I do burn it out about once a month with cardboard.
Can i check the EGT with an IR gun or whats the preferred method for an insulated chimney ?

Thanks in advance :)

-Ryan
HeatMaster 10,000E

Tree_Killer

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2013, 03:41:03 AM »

Hopefully it works...we will see.   I used insulated pipes for this, plus I dont have a E series burner, just a straight 5000ss.
Climb High Tree Service
Lebanon PA

Certified Arborist

"Kiss My Axe"

Tree_Killer

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2013, 03:42:43 AM »

Hey np lol..Thats the exact same thing i did ..Except I didn't buy the bracket online..Bought it from a central boiler dealer...lol..You got turn buckles to keep the tension? The set up absolutely works.. Yeah Im looking forward to firing up the  owb as well..Its been warm heres as well..Maybe this weekend Ill see

I put a turn buckle on each corner.
Climb High Tree Service
Lebanon PA

Certified Arborist

"Kiss My Axe"

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »

20 cords.  Still havent fired as of yet. :)
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »

Scott, Can you educate me on this further please.
I've got a Heatmaster 10KE with about 6' of insulated stack. Are you guys thinking its efficient enough to condensate before it gets to the top causing moisture problems or creosote buildup ? I do burn it out about once a month with cardboard.
Can i check the EGT with an IR gun or whats the preferred method for an insulated chimney ?

Thanks in advance :)

-Ryan

Yes, you get the point about condensing

I do t think you'll have that issue on the 10e at all tho..... Stack temps although lower than a regular, are still high enough to be safe
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Pit Crew

• OWF Brand: Centeral Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2013, 04:00:29 AM »

Powerstroke, I see the brackets on the left side of your stove. Are they to hang your stove tools,rakes hoes shovels? I have been trying to come up with a good way to store those tools. What do some of you others do with yours?
North east Ohio
Since 1960

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »

Yes Pit Crew, those are for my tools.  I have a hoe end welded to a 6' piece of metal coduit and an ash shovel that I hang up there. They are just cheap metal hangers you can pick up at Menards and I screwed them to the framing.  It works great!  :)
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]