Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: anyone else in western PA..... mercer county here!!  (Read 6977 times)

dswogger

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: burnrite
  • OWF Model: 36
    • View Profile
anyone else in western PA..... mercer county here!!
« on: September 03, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »

i was wondering if anyone was near me and could tell me about their OWB what brand they are running and what dealer they dealt with. im curious. im getting a new burnrite owb and im planning on installing it myself with in a few weeks. also im looking for the best deal on the insulated pipe, and any install advice.

thanks
Dennis

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: anyone else in western PA..... mercer county here!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »

You aren't allowed to have a burn rite in pa, your furnaces are supposed to be EPA phase 2.

There is going to be more enforcement/restrictions coming down the line very soon as well, so just some things to consider....
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

TLuckoski

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »

Be careful the wood boiler police are going to come for you.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »

Be careful the wood boiler police are going to come for you.

May sound like a joke but it's much further along than you think, we get letters all the time from EPA phase 2 states advising us to not be caught selling boilers in there states.  The homeowners can get in a mess as well, the state of Indiana is the one I'm most familiar with, but there gonna crack down across the board
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:54:26 PM »

I've never received any letters telling me not to sell furnaces to a particular state.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »

I've never received any letters telling me not to sell furnaces to a particular state.

We have, I've received letters from Indiana and had phone calls from PA advising me to not sell any furnaces into the state of PA that aren't phase 2.

The KY Dave Yoder has also received letters from Indiana and another state to I believe.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 07:38:54 AM »

What do they threaten to do, sue you? I have a hard time believing they could issue a criminal warrant if you only sold a furnace that was transported into the state by the new owner. Now I can understand if you were going into the state and installing furnaces.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 07:48:52 AM »

They said the only way to avoid legal action if I sell a furnace that travels into there states, is if the customer had misled me with a fake address.

I called and talked to the state of Indiana, that's where I got most of my info on what could legally be done, they were very helpful.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

HandyMark

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »

I got my CB 5036 Just in time. I am still amazed that a Republican state such as ours was one of the first to restrict use of a standard boiler. I guess it is easier than depending on local governments to keep them out of close neighborhoods. If I had someone like my brother in law next door burning trash and nasty wet green wood I'd be up in someones business. Out here a quarter mile from anyone they had better never try to take my furnace away.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »

I got my CB 5036 Just in time. I am still amazed that a Republican state such as ours was one of the first to restrict use of a standard boiler. I guess it is easier than depending on local governments to keep them out of close neighborhoods. If I had someone like my brother in law next door burning trash and nasty wet green wood I'd be up in someones business. Out here a quarter mile from anyone they had better never try to take my furnace away.

I get letters and updates on proposed regs, they won't come and remove it, but some of the new regs or let's say "proposed regs" could make it where if you wanted to refinance your home or sell it, it would have to be up to a "code" now if you had 50 year old windows or an unapproved boiler, you would have to upgrade before you could refi or sell
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

TLuckoski

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »

The time is coming my friends to take this country back.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »

The time is coming my friends to take this country back.

There was once a time when the world wanted to be more like us, now the powers that be want to make us more like the rest of the world. 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 06:51:35 AM »

After the collapse, maybe our new government will do better. LOL
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »

I get letters and updates on proposed regs, they won't come and remove it, but some of the new regs or let's say "proposed regs" could make it where if you wanted to refinance your home or sell it, it would have to be up to a "code" now if you had 50 year old windows or an unapproved boiler, you would have to upgrade before you could refi or sell
that will never pass or be approved...too many old houses out there...and that would be the government saying you can't sell unless you do this.....bs to me
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »

Matty, I don't know where you think this country is heading but there is examples of that type thing everywhere we look.  Every single day govt plays a bigger role in our lives than the day before.  They are trying to tell us what to eat, our local schools adopted that Michelle Obama lunch plan, kids can't even eat it and most of the students won't, school has only been in 1 month and teachers are already saying kids are lagging. 

So why do you think that would even be the slightest stretch?  If they can force us to buy healthcare, why can't you imagine them enforcing EPA regulations, to think not, is amazing.

The EPA has a whole laundry list of stuff like that, you'll be hearing a lot more about it.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697
Pages: [1] 2