Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: ProFab has some issues!  (Read 40088 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: ProFab has some issues!
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »

Look at the 12 hour burn, 150,000 btu.  His house may be using 50k on a bad winter day

Id say that eff reading is from the old testing procedures....  Not accurate in my opinion
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Pro fab
  • OWF Model: Pro 400
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2014, 04:55:52 AM »

So you have seen my install pics. And I have a burnere that's to big. And I am in the wrong?  The installer and dealer so up to a insurance claim and yell " it's installed wrong" and there the ones setting off lawsuits.
If the dealer would have got off his ass and came out to fix the issue it would not have been so bad. You act like I tossed my hands up and left it! Did you once ask if I did anything?  I kept cleaning tossing in proformer. I even wrapped the metal in metal duct tape. And it Held!
All that is happen is blame blame. So where is your we can help YOU. That you claim.
Call the dealer up and act like you want to buy a burner and see what you get!
Theboiler thank you for reading and having a Open mind. And not a oneway street.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2014, 05:00:22 AM »

You act like everyone is to be a expert in btu now. 1 1/5 pex chaulk up another epic install fail! Now wonder the industry has a bad rep. Blame the consumer. And shaft them from money.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2014, 06:39:55 AM »

You act like everyone is to be a expert in btu now. 1 1/5 pex chaulk up another epic install fail! Now wonder the industry has a bad rep. Blame the consumer. And shaft them from money.

Spyder...  For the love of God son.  Just because someone explains btu does not mean there blaming you or expecting you to understand this.  But Spyder, your not the only one that comes here, people need to know how importsnt sizing of a gasser is.  We here want folks to burn wood, period!   We can actually discuss why you had issues or we can simply rant and raise hell.  But the point is still many folks will see this and realize not to make the same mistakes, therefore it will help bring up the Wood burning industry as a whole.

Obviously there is a lot of gray area as far as the claim and timing of how it played iut, but empyre was prompt in getting the kit out.  The only thing you did that I will fully say wasnt good was running it while it was torn up. 

No one has to be blamed for this to get worked out, at some point people gotta pull there undies up and say ok, lets just get it fixed.  But no one will do anything as long as threats are being made, it just scares them away. 

By offering help, I didnt say a new boiler, and youd have to agree you heard more about it yesterday than you had been, just stay calm and cooler heads will prevail

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2014, 01:07:20 PM »

I am cool Scott. I am. I am taking it all in. It comes across wrong. All typing..Please don't take it wrong..
So what I have learned in my instance is Sizing is wrong, it calls for 1.5" pex from inside to boiler not 1". inside is a hack job. In order for me to have a Good working system is one sized to fit, get the proper install on the inside. I also learned that those close 90* are not good. A long radius is best. Will the 1" underground pex be ok for me? All I want is to walk around in shorts in the winter. I hate pants and blankets :) Long steamy showers after being on a rooftop all day.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »

I am cool Scott. I am. I am taking it all in. It comes across wrong. All typing..Please don't take it wrong..
So what I have learned in my instance is Sizing is wrong, it calls for 1.5" pex from inside to boiler not 1". inside is a hack job. In order for me to have a Good working system is one sized to fit, get the proper install on the inside. I also learned that those close 90* are not good. A long radius is best. Will the 1" underground pex be ok for me? All I want is to walk around in shorts in the winter. I hate pants and blankets :) Long steamy showers after being on a rooftop all day.

The 90 degree fittings u have are equivalent to 10 ft of pex.   Do the refrigeration 90 create less head, yes, but ur system isnt complex enough that a pump cant be sized to handle what your doing

The 1.5 In pex would be needed if u had a home that required far more heat than your home does.  I think your undergroud is fine.  I would though do away with the 10 plate and put perhaps a 20 In line with your Furnace coil, or perhaps do a sidearm instead of the 20 plate.  Keeping the return temps proper is crucial, but the optimzer on ur stove will correct it to some degree. 

Id like to hear others ideas on the thoughts of storage tho as a long term solution.  I know slim May not like the idea but there are others here who are a Big fan of storage. 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »

I think you mentioned earlier that your job involves Air Conditioning. It is not that different, you size systems according to load. Bigger pipes, bigger ducts, sort of similar.

The bigger the pipe the more heat that can be pumped through it. 1" pipe is fine for most normal residential loads, 1 1/2" pipe can transfer more than twice the heat assuming all other factors are equal. If it was intended to run this Boiler flat out all the time I would go to 2". My guess is that this would be an unusual install so 1 1/2" fittings is fine to heat what it was designed to heat.

A friend of mine has an old 20 room hotel, colder location, worse insulation, his Gas Boiler is about the same size as yours, hopefully that describes how grossly over sized your Boiler is.

A gas boiler can modulate, switch on and off, a gas boiler of that size in your house might only run for 5 minutes every hour.

With cord wood you can not turn it on and off, you have to compromise.

The default compromise you did last winter was to let the wood smoulder, produces less heat and lots of crap and the Boiler does not like it. None do, but this type especially does not like it.

We are where we are, so the issue is really what to do next.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »

I do work in the a/c field. But the sizing thing does not involve me. I just fix what is there on our own locations. Hot and cold food items. Petroleum dispensers. Computer systems. Everything you see at a c-store. So when you talk btu/sizing sounds like Chinese. 
I was reading once again the manual. It states the pump should be in the lowest part of the line from boiler to the inside system. Yet mine is mounted to the back of the boiler. From what I have found these pumps can push not pull, is this correct? It also shows the optimizer located away from the boiler. And there should be a mandatory low temp fail safe installed. Guessing I also do not have that.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:42 PM »

Also my boiler water is running through my exchanger in the furnace. It is treated with the water treatment. If it is switched that stuff is like a coating correct? And would then get flushed through. O what a mess.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »

Your pump location is fine, you do have a boiler protection device, its the optimizer located on the back of your unit.

As far as boiler treatment causing a mess, im not following where your going there???? 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2014, 07:44:33 PM »

I wasn't following that either?
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »

On the bottle it says it leaves a protective coating on the metal. A film.

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »

What do you mean if it is switched, that's where I was lost?
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2014, 08:17:14 PM »

Yes Scott said to run the furance exchanger off the heat plate with the dhw. My boiler water runs through my furance now. So it has treated water in the furance exchanger

Jwood

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »

I'm not sure what he meant by that but your dhw will always be separate from boiler water, does it currently go through your plate exchanger before it gets to your furnace coil?
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9