Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Powder additives  (Read 16496 times)

gmmaxim250

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Maxim 250
    • View Profile
Re: Powder additives
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »

I missed the discussion, but I just purchased two bottles of ashtrol.  I haven't used it since December because the furnace was burning hot enough to avoid creosote, but now that is warming up, I am planning on adding everyday or so.  It seemed to work in the fall...very anecdotal evidence I know.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:19:43 PM by gmmaxim250 »

oldchenowth

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »

I am not normally on the CB section.  Where does one get ashtrol?  How about the lime? Any particular type? And how much lime would you use per day?  I have a mild steel owb and have lots of creosote in the burn chamber and especially in the induction tube that I cannot seem to ever get out.  I have learned ine thing this year, don't burn cedar.  Holy crap will that gum stuff up even being three + years drying.  Should have seen that coming, but totally missed it.

Scott, what is the stuff you gave Marty to use in the general discussion? 

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »

I am not normally on the CB section.  Where does one get ashtrol?  How about the lime? Any particular type? And how much lime would you use per day?  I have a mild steel owb and have lots of creosote in the burn chamber and especially in the induction tube that I cannot seem to ever get out.  I have learned ine thing this year, don't burn cedar.  Holy crap will that gum stuff up even being three + years drying.  Should have seen that coming, but totally missed it.

Just a private labeled product called "pro former" it was made for empyre dealers and we have been selling it, so far everyone is very pleased.   I think Marty said the tub should last him close to 2 winters at the rate he's going, pm me if you'd like a quote on it
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »

It's a private label product made for empyre, us dealers have been selling it and so far people love it,if you'd like a quote pm me ur zip and ill get u a quote.  Marty says at the rate he's going that one tub should last him 2 winters
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 2 [3]