Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: P1 error woodmaster 4400  (Read 4891 times)

Goat Herder

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WOODMASTER
  • OWF Model: HEAVY DUTY 4400
    • View Profile
P1 error woodmaster 4400
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »

I am thinking my thermistor may be bad, moved the wire on the thermistor, started working, error went away but was suspicious of reading lower temp than should have, was watching, sure enough, boil over at 160 degree reading.  Shutting stove back down, but any suggestions of where to start, clean or replace appreciated. 

I took the rear cover off looking for mice or baby goat chewing, did not see either.  Goats are small enough to go where they want.  Mice are mice.  The stove has been off for almost a month, but was going to light back up tonight for a little could snap that would allow me to burn rest of wood by stove.

Moved the wire on thermistor and lost the p1 code, but still measuring temp low. Any suggestions appreciated.

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: P1 error woodmaster 4400
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »

I'm probably dense here but what do you mean by moving the wire? The terminals at the control or where it inserts into the dry well in the water jacket?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:34:07 AM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

Goat Herder

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WOODMASTER
  • OWF Model: HEAVY DUTY 4400
    • View Profile
Re: P1 error woodmaster 4400
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:51:11 AM »

I don't know what I am doing, but the wire that I moved was the one visible after taking the rear cover off, I believe, this is the end connected to the temp sensor, that goes in to the stove, still have not fixed this yet.   Not really sure where the stove sensor is located under the insulation jacket.

Going to take the control panel off and clean up the contacts with some wd 40 and then do a card board creosote burn out and see how it goes, getting behind on my stove maintenance this year.