Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Heatmor Owner  (Read 9021 times)

mprusty2

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
New Heatmor Owner
« on: November 19, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »

Hello all.  I am a new Heatmor 100 CSS owner. Just a few questions for anyone that can help. I had a bit of a hard time keeping the fire from burning out. It seems like the blower wouldn't kick on enough to keep the fire burning. I since turned up the thermostat in the house to keep the blower going. Seems better know. I also noticed that the restrictor plug is not installed. I was reading and it said when burning wood, have the restrictor placed in the restrictor tube. Will this create a problem if this wasn't in? I have not put it in the tube yet as I just found this out.  Also, my plan was to start burning coal soon. I live in Eastern Pa, and anthracite coal is readily available. I have the shaker grate option installed. Is there anything special I should know before I start with coal. Thanks for any input. Mike

Steve

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: New Heatmor Owner
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:55:55 PM »

Congrats on your new Heatmor. 

The restrictor is basically just a washer welded onto the end of a tube to limit the amount of air blown into the furnace under the grates.  The manual says if your going to burn coal, you need to remove the restrictor.

As far as keeping your fire from burning out, it could be a few things.  If you just started burning, you may not have a deep enough bed of embers for the type of wood you are burning.  Some wood types smolder better than others, so if you have say poplar in there and you don't have a good bed of coals/embers, the wood will just quit burning during long smolder cycles.  If you've been burning a while, you may have too much ash built up and that could be limiting the amount of air getting into the firebox.  I find if I've blown off taking ashes out for too many weeks I have a hard time getting the stove up to temp.

Hope you enjoy your new machine as much as I have.  I still find myself standing outside watching it work and think about what a great investment its been. 

Steve

mprusty2

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:46:38 AM »

Steve, Thanks for the advice. After a good weekend of burning, I do have a nice bed of coals.  I think some of the wood I was trying to burn at first was kind of wet. Thanks again for your reply. Mike

HarrisCustomHeating

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »

We are the Distributer for Heatmor in Western Canada you can sort in the cycle by turning up the low limt on the aqustat if you need to but dry wood should fix it.  The restrictor will be on the unit now if you burn alot of coal you can take off.  If want to start with coal, burn wood and add coal on top the first day.

James
www.harriscustomheating.com