Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shut her down  (Read 1628 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Shut her down
« on: April 17, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »

Well, due to the weather making a positive turn and it looks like it'll stay that way, I decided to shutdown the CB E-Classic 1400 yesterday.  I simply let the fire consume what was left from the overnight fire.  I then shut down the FireStar.  I left the circ running from the OWB to house so if the weather gets cold at night the water shouldn't freeze.  I'll clean her out sometime this week and then "summer-ize" it until it is needed again in the fall.  The one thing I really LOVED was the nice consistent hot water out of the indirect tank.  I used the OWB to heat my DHW.  Now I'll have to use the on demand from the oil burner and the hot water fluctuates quite a bit during a shower; from super hot for the first minute or so and then to just lukewarm to just about right as the shower is ending.  I've never liked the on demand from the oil burner.  I need to find a way to heat the water in the indirect tank with the oil burner.  I think the water will remain hot much longer.  Oh, it's a 40 gallon indirect tank.  Enjoy the nice day today.  I've decided to go out for a motorcycle ride later on.  I simply cannot skip on the nice weather.  Roger     
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire