Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What unit to buy  (Read 8353 times)

6pacmac

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
Re: What unit to buy
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »

Earthwood furnaces look ok too.
Ridgewood 6000

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 10:16:39 PM »

I got a cb I think they have a better unit and it is the only one with a local dealer when I bought it I am in ma so it had to be EPA
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

TLuckoski

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »

I'd go with a CB 6048 for the square footage you have.

MTJAG

• OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »

svo11,
I have a CB5036 and couldn't be happier.  You can throw anything, any size (as long as it fits through the door), in any configuration and it burns nicely.   In the past two months, we have had a dozen nights with below zero temps, and much of the time in the teens or single digits, and my CB5036 hasn't missed a beat...unless I let it run out of wood.  However, the CB5036 is too small for your application.  You  would need the CB6048 or the E2400 depending on your legal requirements or preference.  You also might consider erroring on the high side and go with the CB7260 or the E3200 as that pole barn might use quite a few BTU's.  But, most importantly is what yoderheating said regarding finding a local experienced dealer.  A warranty is good to have, but a good dealer is a must have!
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »

Its like buying a car..Warranty, all the bells and whistles that go with it. ..So many brands out there.. Word of mouth is a good thing as well..You got a list of OWB's brands with this web sight link on this forum ..Like me theres a few reasons why I went Aqua-Therm..Everyone has there preferences..At the end they work the same..Burn wood or coal and keep your house and hot water warm.. If you live in a EPA state..Your more limited to what you can buy...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:55:03 PM by MattyNH »
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

svo11

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »

thanks everyone for the info I am still checking and looking for dealers.

Mrplow

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: CL6048
  • " Ol' Smokey "
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »

I will second the good dealer and CB plugs.  I have a new 6048, heating house and pole building, up and running for 2 months now, LOVE IT!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Theres no money like snow money"

"Missing person - Old Man Winter"

"No snow, No dough"

jerkash

• OWF Brand: Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »

I'm loving my Legend!!

osentoskifirewood

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »

I would go with Hawken Energy 2100 hold 380 gallon water. I had cb the same size went though about 40 face cord with the cb with hawken i burn about 17 face cord. Do your homework the hawken about the best.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:21:37 AM by osentoskifirewood »

Rockarosa

• OWF Brand: Pro-Fab
  • OWF Model: Cozyburn MS 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 08:37:32 AM »

I have a CozyBurn from Pro-Fab, old farmhouse is always warm.
New Holland T C 30

koutsman

• OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 6180
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 11:03:27 PM »

Our Legend has been good to our family!!!!!
Kouts, Indiana
Legend 6180 - Installed 11/09
STIHL Farm Boss 20"

rick n kristi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 09:36:13 AM »

Natures comfort 325G! What you are heating matches what I am. I'm on my 2nd season with a 325G and could not be happier. Search my posts!
Natures Comfort 325G
Still 038 magnum

leguftek

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Cadillac
  • OWF Model: 5600
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 07:59:40 AM »

I have a Cadillac 5600 and am extremely happy.  Here are it's statistics:

Northern Steel Manufacturing LLC

Cadillac Outdoor Wood Furnaces

Northern Steel Manufacturing LLC, based in the heartland of Wisconsin, presents our line of outdoor wood burning stoves with our Cadillac stoves. We have been designing stoves for over a decade. We work directly with the stove market, getting right down to the real users’ needs, wants, and demands. Northern Steel manufacturing LLC is committed to bringing to the market not only the highest quality and most durable stove, bet we are continually creating, improving and introducing features and innovations that provide reliability, usability, and convenience, along with the greatest efficiency possible. Every one of our stoves is identified by a serial number, is manufactured utilizing industry surpassing robotic technology, water and air tested, finished and inspected by the most dedicated, experienced craftsman in the industry. Northern Steel Manufacturing LLC backs each and every stove with a limited 20 years warranty. Our skilled employees are the backbone of our company, leading to our success. They are ready to not only meet your needs, but exceed your expectations.

WOOD FURNACE FEATURES

Tool Caddy – Conveniently attached to the adjustable arm of the dusk-to-dawn light. Holds the rake and shovel provided with each furnace.

Class A Stainless Steel Chimney – This level of quality on the Cadillac.

Extra large Fuel Door – 24” x 36” door allowing for the extra large wood and easy loading.

Extra Large Ash Door – 5” x 12” clean out door allows for fast and easy ash removal.

Water Filled Heat Exchanger – This technology provides more surface area allowing 100% heat transfer with less heat escaping out the chimney.

QUALITY

High Grade Steel – All Cadillac outdoor wood burning furnaces are constructed using commercial quality boiler plate exclusive to Cadillac outdoor stoves.

Robotic Seamless Welding – Our Lincoln Arc mate 120il Robotic Welding technology assures unparalleled quality and consistency in the weldment of the inner and out water jacket, door jambs and internal parts.

Precision Fabricated Parts – Our investment in Whitney Plasma cutting technology in their Advantage and 3400 computer controlled 72” x 240” downdraft cutting tables assures precision cut parts and subcomponents.

Powder Coated – Our utilization of today’s powder coat technology creates an unmatched consistency in coverage and clarity in paint application.

R 3 8 Roof Insulation – Our base and side wall foil faced R 1 9 insulation is enhanced with full coverage of the roof with R 3 8 insulation.

INNOVATION

Our innovation features are industry leading, far surpassing any other stove. These include dusk to dawn light, water filled heat exchanger, and extra large lockable fuel door with anti flash back feature. Our class A stainless chimney is standard as is our innovative tool caddy, the friendliest storage system for the rake and shovel on the market. This is the only line of outdoor wood furnaces that knows the consumer. Northern Steel will meet your needs and wants with our Cadillac stove.

TOOL CADDY

Combining innovation with usability, Northern Steel Manufacturing LLC’s tool caddy removes the constant inconvenience other stoves have. This option is available on all of our stoves. Combined with our heavy duty shovel and rake, this feature provides not only more ease in cleaning the stove chamber, it gives the user an easy and safe storage location. No more picking up that muddy or frozen rake & shovel!

DUSK-TO-DAWN LIGHT

Attached to the Tool Caddy, this light attachment provides a better and wider lighted area with the automatic dimming and lighting of the load area.

FURNACE SPECIFICATIONS

MODEL  3600 4800 5600

WEIGHT (LBS)  2500 3000 3500

HEIGHT*  95” 96” 96”

WIDTH*  78” 78” 78”

LENGTH*  69” 76” 76”

FORCED DRAFT (CFM)  0-140 0-140 0-140

CHIMNEY SIZE 6” 6” 6”

FIREBOX LENGTH 36” 48” 56”

HEATING AREA (SQ. FT.)** 5000 8000 10000

WATER CAPACITY (U.S. GAL.) 175 225 275

FIREBOX DOOR OPENING 24” X 36” 24” X 36” 24” X 36”

*TOTAL OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS **APPROXIMATE FIGURES, WILL VARY DUE TO HOME AND CLIMATE CONDITIONS

ALL CADILLAC OUTDOOR WOOD BURNING FURNACES ARE CONSTRUCTED USING

COMMERCIAL QUALITY BOILER PLATE EXCLUSIVE TO OUR OUTDOOR STOVES.

Cadillac 5600 OWB
Stihl saws
27 Ton splitter from Lowe's (Military Discount!)
Honda ATV
Quadra-Fire indoor fireplace insert
Oliver 550 Tractor
28 Acres, 4000 small squ bales yearly, 6 horses
Pages: 1 [2]