Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: digital water temp gauges  (Read 5866 times)

heatthefarm

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: CB
  • OWF Model: 5648
    • View Profile
Re: digital water temp gauges
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 08:38:01 AM »

Oaky- it looks like those sensors are the strap on type. do u know if you can get probes that thread into a T that is part of the supply and return line?

oaky

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL-2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 10:06:49 AM »

Oaky- it looks like those sensors are the strap on type. do u know if you can get probes that thread into a T that is part of the supply and return line?

I'm not sure if this brand is set up for this. There are many other brands that does just that, whether into a deep dry well T or a water submersible T.
Husqvarna 272
Husqvarna 55
27 Ton Cub Cadet Log Splitter
John Deere 826D Walk-Behind Snowblower
Always A Good Pile Of Oak Firewood
Home is: West Central Wisconsin

FareNorth

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »

Have setup a small computer to collect temps from sensors tie-wrapped onto the pipes. The thing is the temps dont match actual water temps but once you know what the external temp is when internal temp reaching say 185, then you have a baseline of what is 'normal'. So for me external temp of the pipe will be 160 when water temp is 185.

I can then monitor temps of loops in the heating system from my iPad or smartphone. Also have it text or email me when temps get too high or low. For example, if the boiler temp gets too low, I know there is an issue (out of wood, power loss, coal bed too deep and air not getting thru). I have it alert me before it gets too low and I can correct the issue before house temp would drop.
Pages: 1 [2]