Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question on in floor tubing spacing  (Read 1564 times)

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
Question on in floor tubing spacing
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:18:41 PM »

A friend of mine is putting up a small shop, I think about 24x30. He is putting in floor heat using a waste oil boiler as he does reclamation of oil tanks. He has already poured the floor and insulated it well but used 1/2" pex on 24" centers. Normally this would be on 12" centers which is what I did for my shed and it works great.

Will there be any problems with having the spacing 24" apart? He doesn't plan on keeping the heat set too high and I believe he poured a thicker than normal slab for the weight of his construction equipment. As I mentioned it is well insulated with 2" high density foam everywhere. 
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Question on in floor tubing spacing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 02:10:08 AM »

Perimeter insolation is key, two foot spacing is a lot but it should be ok, just slow to heat up, hopefully he balanced loop length and kept them below 300 feet each.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
Re: Question on in floor tubing spacing
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 07:51:18 AM »

Thanks Slim, when he is done pulling the forms he is going to double (4" high density foam board) the insulation around the entire perimeter and at least one foot below the insulation under the floor. His lengths should be fine. I did mention to him that it may be little slow heating up and he said that wouldn't be a problem for him as he isn't in there a lot.   
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter