Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heatmaster releases new gasification line  (Read 5117 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Heatmaster releases new gasification line
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »

As many of you know ive been associated with heatmaster a good while but would only sell traditional non gasification units.   The new line they have developed is quite possibly the most intriguing design ive seen so far!  A whole new approach, the draft is totally variable, instead of the common all or nothing designs.  Cleaning tubes???  Well, not in these stoves, at least its done differently!  There is now a lever on the side that you work up and down when loading that spin tubulators that clean the tubes-all the tubes sre verticle yet efficiency is still great and emissions are lower than ever thanks to variable draft induction.  In fact it should easily pass the next phase of epa regs, im excited about seeing a new concept taken in a new direction!
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: Heatmaster releases new gasification line
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:10:07 AM »

Actually the G100 passed the epa tests with some of the best emission numbers ever recorded. I wasn't a believer in gassers until these things hit the market but I broke down and bought several of them.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Homerglide

• OWF Brand: Orlan EKO
  • OWF Model: Out in the shop - Model 25 gasifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

The turbulators you are speaking of serve a dual purpose. 1)To create turbulance for a greater heat transfer in the exhaust tubes. 2)To clean the tube of flyash by swinging the handle

Those tube cleaners may or may not be of good use. Some european manufacturers have them but in many users opinion they are worthless. When I received my gasser, I made modifications before installing the unit. The most obvious issue in my mind was the tube cleaning lever and linkage. The tubes need to be cleaned to the bare metal for optimum heat transfer. The tube cleaners from the maker fell far short in getting the tubes clean to the metal. Not only did they not do the job, but the apparatus was smack dab in the way of manual cleaning. So, to get to the point, I removed the entire aparatus and hung chains in the vertical tubes to cause turbulance for a better heat transfer in the tubes. The chains are easily removed for cleaning the tubes with a cordless drill and wire brush attachment.

In using that type of boiler it doesn't take long to see how a light film of flyash effects the heat transfer inside the tubes. By checking flue temps an operator will see when the tubes need attention. Lower flue temps equal more transfer in the tubes while higher flue temps equal less transfer.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:00:59 PM by Homerglide »
Coupla Chainsaws
Axe
Strong OLD Back
2000 Dodge Cummins

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:54:38 PM »

Yea I'm familiar with all of that.... 

The indoor gassers from Europe are quite different in a lot of aspects dealing with storage etc.  For the most part the American market wants something there allowed to have with it still being as close to normal operation as a conventional as possible.  Most would gladly give up a dab of efficiency for a little more friendly machine, because from what I've seen, there gonna try to see how long they can push it anyway. 

My xt100 last winter with perfectly clean tubes would run exhaust gas temps under 350, if they got really dirty that could go up to 500.  Yea, not as efficient but still not horrible considering the 2000 degree inferno in the bottom chamber. 

I've had the opportunity to talk to several folks with the g series and they all had the ones from the first run and were thrilled.  It was a blessing to hear folks say they basically ran it like a conventional other than working the lever on the side.  I think Lauren Yoders brother was actually burning one last winter on scrap lumber and saw dust!  Yea, to me, that's crazy impressive that it even worked! 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 06:44:14 AM »

Too much sawdust and it would pack too tightly over the bottom and not allow the smoke to exit. But some sawdust and what ever else you had laying around worked like a charm. I think the damper design is a big deal along with the method of cleaning.  Scott you are correct that the average customer does not want the extra work of running a gasser. This new G series not only is one of the most efficient outdoor furnaces on the market but it also is much easier to operate.   
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

birchbark

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: 10000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »

Hopefully they fixed a few design flaws.  I owned a G400 for a short time and was left heating my house with plug in electric heaters due to it failing.  I now own a 10000e and love it.

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »

Be sure to post some diagrams or links I would love to see the new design
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

yoderheating

• View Profile
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 07:08:00 AM »

Hopefully they fixed a few design flaws.  I owned a G400 for a short time and was left heating my house with plug in electric heaters due to it failing.  I now own a 10000e and love it.

Yep, it's all we from the ground up
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 08:02:54 AM »

Thanks Yoder for the link I looked yesterday and could not find it on the website for whatever reason, the breakdown looks good, best of luck with it, does corporate have any dealers here in the northeast that would be willing to burn one at the shows with us, up here most people want to see them in operation before they buy.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »

Slim I have no idea about dealers up in that area. I go as far North as Maryland and really have no idea whats going on up your way.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »

Thats to bad as I would like to see energy row double in size next year, I have already gotten another guy to come in with his wood gas fired gasoline engine to run a gen head, it will be a good time and very educational for the public, maybe you could mention it to corporate, if they have any questions I'm not hard to find. 25,000 people through the gate every day for 8 days this year.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.