Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hunting  (Read 5078 times)

tree climber

• OWF Brand: leaky 165 shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
hunting
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »

any body ready for deer season.gun opens saterday

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
Re: hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »

I'm going even though I shouldnt since my boiler is not hooked up yet
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

tree climber

• OWF Brand: leaky 165 shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »

i just got new 4400 not fired up yet.waiting for a day off so i can monitor it but going hunting any way

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 02:27:38 AM »

I don't hunt anymore due to an idiot hunting that likes to shoot at sounds and I simply don't enjoy killing any more, if I had to I would, but I have lots of customers and friends who like to give away the meat and I am more than willing to help them eat it! One of my old customers from NH just got 3 Does in NY, he'll be dropping off a care package soon :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

fsuftball

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 04:56:25 AM »

I got 4 this year so far all during bow. 2 with my great grandpas bear long bow.

Michigan I'll be out on Saturday the 15th as well

JTS717

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
  • East-Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 06:46:11 AM »

I've been bow hunting, the rut is in full swing here in Wisconsin.  Gun season opens on the 22nd for us

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 06:54:13 AM »

I don't hunt anymore due to an idiot hunting that likes to shoot at sounds and I simply don't enjoy killing any more, if I had to I would, but I have lots of customers and friends who like to give away the meat and I am more than willing to help them eat it! One of my old customers from NH just got 3 Does in NY, he'll be dropping off a care package soon :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guess idiots are equally spread out in this country.

Never been much of a hunter either, I'll take care of the occasional varmint when the opportunity presents it self. Have 70 beef cows out in the pasture with ten steers in the finishing lot atm so meat has never been an issue.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

LittleJohn

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2400
  • Lonsdale, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »

Just remember, treat all GUNS and HUNTERS the same, when handling... 

...TREAT THEM AS LOADED  :thumbup: :thumbup:

dukethebeagle

• OWF Brand: green mountain woodhog(home built)
  • OWF Model: 0001 hot tamali
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 08:06:40 AM »

got 4 bucks hanging around my stand with 1 nice 10 point.buggers are all coming in after dark
help!!!!
austin qc
bluegrass rules
pround canadian living in quebec
proud appalachian

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 08:45:04 AM »

I haven't been hunting in over 20 years.  I have nothing against those who do hunt but for some reason I lost all interest around 20 years ago and I have never been back out.  Now, if it gets to the point that my survival is at risk, I'll be out there.  I also said a few years ago that I'd never have a garden again, I HATE weeding.  But, if push comes to shove, I'll be out there on my hands and knees pulling weeds.  I kind of feel sorry for the kids growing up these days, for they have no clue how to fend for themselves if they had to.  If this country goes into another depression, I fear the soup lines of the 30's will be considered small compared to today.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »

I haven't been hunting in over 20 years.  I have nothing against those who do hunt but for some reason I lost all interest around 20 years ago and I have never been back out.  Now, if it gets to the point that my survival is at risk, I'll be out there.  I also said a few years ago that I'd never have a garden again, I HATE weeding.  But, if push comes to shove, I'll be out there on my hands and knees pulling weeds.  I kind of feel sorry for the kids growing up these days, for they have no clue how to fend for themselves if they had to.  If this country goes into another depression, I fear the soup lines of the 30's will be considered small compared to today.  Roger   

:post:

Dad said he expects it to get bad enough someday we'll have to lock the cows up in the barn at night so some idiot doesn't shoot one then take the meat, I don't think it will come to that as most folks are too lazy these days to go thru that much effort to eat when the government is always there with "free" handouts that I paid for.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 09:48:06 AM »

:post:

Dad said he expects it to get bad enough someday we'll have to lock the cows up in the barn at night so some idiot doesn't shoot one then take the meat, I don't think it will come to that as most folks are too lazy these days to go thru that much effort to eat when the government is always there with "free" handouts that I paid for.

And the key word here is "lazy".  Trying to get a neighbors kid to help me with the fire wood...trying to give him a little spending money and mom was a single parent, but he was happy to sit and watch me work.  I sent him home after repeatedly asking him to get off his backside.  The mom even called to say I was too hard on him.  This is the same kid that the same mom tried to get to mow their lawn a couple of summers ago.  He thought it was too much work mowing a lawn; sitting on a riding lawn mower.  There was a benefit, mom mowed the lawn...in her bikini.  I didn't get much work done...  :-\   Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »

I had the same problem a few years back, asked my stepson to put 4 cord in the woodshed with MY tractor, even told him I would pay him 150 bucks. 

He told me it wasn't enough money.
Kids these days are going to be in tough shape if the stuff mentioned above.
Western Maine

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »

Lazy kids are the whole reason I quit making square bales of hay, if you can get the lazy little craps to show up on time and put their cell phones down long enough to work, then you get to retrain them the next day if they show up. When I was growing up we had our pick of kids to help make hay, football coach told em to for starters, said no better way to toughen up than chucking hay bales in the August heat.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Brad

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 07:17:14 PM »

I've been out bow hunting and have not had any luck..  Yet...  I will wait until gun season ends and then head back out there. This gives me a couple weeks to try and get the farm buttoned down for winter and get more wood cut. As far as kids these days, we are doing our best to raise our 3 young sons to understand what a good days worth of work is. Today we butchered our last batch of chickens for the year and 2 of the 3 boys were out helping. It was cold and miserable out there and I told them they did not have to help but they insisted. I try and be a good role model for them and part of that is that they are always watching. Even if they are not physically helping 100% of the time they see what needs to be done.   Whether its hunting or raising your own meat it's important for kids to understand how that meat gets to the table.  More kids (adults too) need to better understand this...
Aitkin, Minnesota
Pages: [1] 2