Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ordered mine  (Read 6970 times)

candyman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: earth outdoor wood furnace
  • OWF Model: mountain man 505
    • View Profile
ordered mine
« on: November 12, 2011, 01:28:36 AM »

mountainn 505 wiil be shipped by the end of the month. with dealers in 11 states certanily someone has one . share your experience with other earth owners & those that may be considering buying one.

i sure would like to hear from other owners bad & good.

candyman
http.www.earthwoodfurnace.com/
Mountain man 505

dealer for earth outdoor wood furnaces
Ohio

muffin

• View Profile
Re: ordered mine
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 09:10:54 AM »

This was my 2nd choice.  Ended up going with CB 6048.  Definately let me know how it turns out.  Seemed like a nice unit.

candyman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »

sure will should be delivered end of the month.
dug the ditch 3 ft. deep put in line to house & covered up, man what a job just about 100 ft. now have to dig ditch to the pole barn.

boy digging with a spade is hard work.  tell me about your unit & install process.

cm
Mountain man 505

Ohio

muffin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 01:59:15 PM »

Mine was only about 40ft away.  I had some other digging to do so I rented a bobcat.  That was a ton of fun.

So far my installation is just about done.  I have a plate exchanger for hot water, 3 water-air exchangers and a tube exchanger for the pool water.  Had it all plumbed up, but the HVAC guys punctured the one exchanger so I had to rip it back out.  Supposedly fixed now so I have to re-plumb it.

I yanked the "Y" wire from the thermostats to control the exchangers.  Had a little trouble with the one not being able to drive the valvue.  So I have an isolation switch.  Need to install that now.  Then the system should be all ready.

The pex is a supper pain to work with and it does expand a lot.  I used crimp fittings myself.  I would like to try the push in ones some time.  Although I wonder how you undo them?  I can release the crimps and cut the pipe off.  I would hate to have to cut the entire fitting out to replace it.

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »

Push fittings have a release ring. Really convenient. No need to change from crimps though.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:56:44 PM »

When doing your rough in work under or inside the home get your pex in straight lengths, you can get them in 20ft sticks that make rough in a breeze.  I give bout 14.50/stick
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

candyman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 03:01:16 AM »

muffin,

let us know when u fire it up.

where do u get pex in 20 ft. all i could find at lows is 10 ft.

cm
Mountain man 505

Ohio

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »

muffin,

let us know when u fire it up.

where do u get pex in 20 ft. all i could find at lows is 10 ft.

cm
Most plumbing supply places have 20ft lengths.  (excluding lowes or homedepot)

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 07:31:09 PM »

Please let us know your overall experience with earth.  I think they have a good looking product for the money and I've often wondered about a brand I could sell as an alternative to the high end heatmaster.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

muffin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:56:31 AM »

My CB has been running since Oct.  It stared with just the Pool water/room and my hot water in the loop.  Now I have the house on it too, but I tried to just let it cycle through my one Hx all the time.  I was hoping this would heat the garage, which is where it is located, but I think it is radiating way to much heat so I am going to put it on a valve too.  Perhaps the radiante heat from all the equipment and pipe will be enough.  Otherwise I can always get it its own Hx.

dclark

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 04:02:40 PM »

Well good luck with yours, I've had nothing but problems with the company and with the stove, if we're talking about an Earth wood furnace from Mountain Grove ,Mo.
 I was hoping to find someone else who had bought one and maybe get some ideas on how to keep the fire burning after the door's shut and how to keep the water temp from dropping . I can't seem to keep enough wood in it. I build a fire before work, I build a fire after work and I build a fire in the middle of the night. What coals don't smolder away the wood and let the fire go out the ashes amother the coals and then the fire goes out anyway.
 This is my second winter, my furnace is about 3 years old, got it Nov '09 and didnt get it in till the following year but maybe they made some improvements since then, thats what I'm looking for, some way to keep the heat up

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »

I've looked at them and saw nothing in the design that should cause that.   

Your fan is running?  Chimney clogged? 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »

I've looked at them and saw nothing in the design that should cause that.   

Your fan is running?  Chimney clogged?
Or if it has one, bad solenoid on the air shutoff?

dclark

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »

everything's running, the fans running 24 hours a day, the pump runs 24 hours a day and the central air blower runs constantly, the chimney isn't clogged , the solenoid works, the temp has been reset to 170 to ease up on it so that maybe it will reach the shutoff temp. Once it leaves the 170 and starts to drop because of heat loss in the house it never reagins temp again, a constant drop. I did notice the ash pileup on the solid sheet steel inside where the fire is was smothering my coals. Seems the only time I get a good fire is when I have the door open butthen I get a heat loss, shut the door and temp starts to rise until the fire goes out. Did I mention what brand this is, it's the Rancher 360 from Earth Wood furnaces. I'm looking for someone who has one of these so maybe I can get these problems fixed
thanks

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 10:17:57 PM »

Does it have an air adjustment? Probably a plate that can slide out between the fan and boiler.
Pages: [1] 2