Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Central Boiler Fan/solenoid wiring  (Read 7213 times)

loon_138

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
Central Boiler Fan/solenoid wiring
« on: January 30, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »

Hello all.  New member tonight, have lurked a while before, but have a problem and was hoping for some quick help.  The blower fan on my central boiler 5036 went out last night.  was hoping to run it without the fan until i got one ordered, but apparently the previous owner (this is a new property to us this year) jury-rigged it somehow.  i removed the old fan, but am not sure how the wiring is supposed to reattach to the damper solenoid.  i keep blowing fuses when i try to attach it, and cannot seem to find a wiring diagram to ensure im doing it correct.y  im also not sure how to properly attach the blower wiring.  also what size fuse is correct?  its a dual fuel model, but the fuses he had in it were .5 amp, which i cant find in any central boiler literature. 

any help would be greatly appreciated tonight!

thanks

Mike

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
Re: Central Boiler Fan/solenoid wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »

I don' t know if CB answers the phones 24hrs but you could try calling them and it going a google search for a local CB dealer to help you I have a E1400 I think it is s very different model then yours
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

muffin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »

Not sure what model you have, but mine only has 2 wires which makes it pretty hard to hook up incorrectly.  A solenoid has no polarity either so it doesn't even matter which goes to which terminal.  Any details on your model and what the wiring looks like?

loon_138

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »

Well, I got the solenoid booked back up last night, and I'm running it without the fan. So far it seems ok, and I guess I'll try to avoid the fan if I can.  But how are the fans normally connected?  Mine looked like the fan leads had been tied into the solenoid wires kinda haphazardly, then covered with silicone caulk. I'm sure I can find a better way to connect them, but want to know what the proper/factory way is

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad I got it back on line, it's already 17 below here and dropping!

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »

I'm not familiar with your stove but I would like to help you out just need some more info.  So here's what I'm understanding....

Your fan quit working and you want to wire it so that you can take the fan off and just have the solenoid open the door?  Can you draw us a diagram or something?  In your wiring setup does your fan come before the solenoid or the other way around?
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »

just unhook the blower wires....if the solenoid still comes on, you are done...the solenoid and fan are wired in paralell

if after unhooking wires from blower, solenoid fails to work then the wires that were hooked to teh blower need to be  marred together. (fan and blower are in series and these two wires must be hooked together to complete the circuit)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »

Blowers on Central Boilers are an option and most don't have them.
I am not real familiar with the duel fuel option but I don't think it is needed for it.

loon_138

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »

well guys, thanks.  I am running without the blower, and it seems to be keeping up.  its takes longer to heat back up to get into shutdown mode, but i think it might be burning less wood.  its got down to -37 last night, and kept up.

the solenoid and fan were wired together, with the fan wires just kinda wrapped around the solenoid connections.  i think ill just clean the connection style up if i decide to reattach  the fan

thanks for the assistance

mike

J Cooch

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cb5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »

Never had a fan on my 5036, also never got lower then-15. Might smoke more, and recover slower, but should work fine without the fan.