Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Almost  (Read 30647 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Re: Almost
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2017, 07:31:51 PM »

how close is richard aka slimijim? i know hes banned on here sp he cant chime in but maybe he cpuld come take a look?

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2017, 03:34:19 AM »

how close is richard aka slimijim? i know hes banned on here sp he cant chime in but maybe he cpuld come take a look?

He is going to stop by after done installs.
Western Maine

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2017, 10:03:58 AM »

This is garage setup, first pic is where the Logstor enters the garage.
Western Maine

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »

I guess circulating water creates heat, house returns hotter than supply. :bash: :bash: :bash:
Western Maine

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2017, 05:44:33 AM »

I have not really been following this thread so I don't know all the details of the problem, but it sounds like you are not happy with the wood consumption of your system and are trying to figure out where all the btu's are going, correct? I also am not sure if this has been suggested yet, sorry if it has. What I did was isolate my underground pipe where it enters the house. It takes 3 valves and 1 loop, similar to the bypass of a water softener. Then get a 5 gallon bucket and pull the return pipe off the owb and catch the water for 20 seconds. Measure and multiply by 3, you now know your gpm through just the underground pipe. Build a small fire to get your boiler up to high set point then turn off the fan, noting what time it is. Let the circulator loop through only the boiler and underground line, the longer the better but at least 4 hours. At that point check the water temp at boiler and figure btu loss. It is a pain in the neck but it will tell you if there is a problem with the underground line set. No more guessing.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »

I guess circulating water creates heat, house returns hotter than supply. :bash: :bash: :bash:

I used honeywell gauges in the basement setup, I had the same thing, I contributed it to my superior design and craftsmanship.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:01:40 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2017, 03:15:14 PM »

Ran into the same thing on a stove in Pa. that my son-in- law did a service call on. Return temp gauge was higher than feed (amongst other whacky things). Didn't ask what brand it was.

I guess you could switch gauges and then brag on how well your furnace runs with a big delta.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:46:52 PM by shepherd boy »
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2017, 08:02:55 PM »

Hello Coolidge
   Was slim Jim able to come out to your place and figure anything out for you?

It sounds like something is running backwards flow. from the looks of the temp readings. The Logstor has a red marker on the hot supply to house or garage. Then a plain white pipe on the returns to the boiler. It would be worth checking this out. Also make sure the Circs are going in the directions intended.

Do you have drainage under the slab ? And could the drain be plugged if a daylight drain.
   If plugged , Is the slab losing heat Threw moisture soaked insulation?
Are you running antifreeze in systems?
Can you take a dime size piece of Logstor insulation and squeeze it flat between your fingers.
 Look threw the bottom clean out of the furnace at the bottom of the nozzle ceramic and make sure it is not broken out or away. Some cracks will occurs.
 The furnace should not be smoking, any blue or black smoke.
  How long is your water recovery taking with no heat emitters on?
Do you have thermal limiting valves on the in floor manifold?
  Sorry for your troubles and frustration. As Honda  said. I wish we were closer to come see you !!

Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]