Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Patriot Act  (Read 9021 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Patriot Act
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »

“If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom. ”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

:post:
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 09:37:28 PM »

You have some good points Marty.  I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that it doesn't bother me.  I'm not a fan of giving up any of my rights either and I really don't feel like I have.  This wouldn't be an issue if the government didn't overstep their boundaries like they always do.  The amount of technology that the government has to collect information is unreal and monitoring cell phones is just one of their tools. Have you heard of the cameras mounted on squad cars that constantly scans license plates and tracks where vehicles have been and if it reads the plate and there is a warrant out for their arrest it alerts the officer?  Weather the government is watching or not, you should always assume that someone is watching you when using any type of cell phone or computer, as nothing is private these days. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 11:11:44 PM »

USA Freedom Act  =   f- them !!! every thing them sob's name....... means the exact opposite  this chit is getting old ....and Bruce j ...  chit.... wanting to be  Caitlyn Jenner.... Is just plain sick  WHY to they jam this stuff up our Azz's at every turn  .....  I aint no dam hater ...but some things are just wrong ...!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@   oh   yea ...have a nice summer men ! O0

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 12:24:22 AM »

Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were both quoted as saying "Those who would give up ESSENTIAL LIBERTY to purchase a little TEMPORARY SAFETY, deserve neither LIBERTY nor SAFETY".

How have we fallen so far from the ideals our founders built this country upon? That's easy-when you take GOD out of the equation. You devalue life to a clump of tissue to be discarded, you believe the government can raise children better than a family with a mom and dad and you don't call sin-sin and wonder why people behave like animals?

We need to follow our constitution and give anyone who doesn't want to a free one way plane ride to the country of their choice.

Thank you for a refreshing conversation. God Bless you all and God Bless America.
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 04:19:19 AM »

Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were both quoted as saying "Those who would give up ESSENTIAL LIBERTY to purchase a little TEMPORARY SAFETY, deserve neither LIBERTY nor SAFETY".

How have we fallen so far from the ideals our founders built this country upon? That's easy-when you take GOD out of the equation. You devalue life to a clump of tissue to be discarded, you believe the government can raise children better than a family with a mom and dad and you don't call sin-sin and wonder why people behave like animals?

We need to follow our constitution and give anyone who doesn't want to a free one way plane ride to the country of their choice.

Thank you for a refreshing conversation. God Bless you all and God Bless America.

Well said!   :thumbup:
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 04:41:13 AM »

AFP, let me be perfectly clear on this point, as you all probably know, yes I do partake occasionally in smoking some weed BUT I am not in any way a drug dealer nor do I in any way support the illegal trade, I actually despise those who destroy our young by pushing crap onto them. With that being said, I agree that is probably not the intentions of our govt by spying on us but let's look at why we should not want govt to control our own security shall we. Adolf Hitler, my mother in law lived through the Second World War, she and her entire family were hoodwinked into becoming Nazi's by their own govt, first came gun control to
(Protect the citizens) then came division of the people with govt sponsored propaganda, that division of the people allowed for the gathering of information, individuals and groups for extermination, does any of this sound familiar? We MUST stop our govt's expansion and control over our lives, we MUST learn to take control back to the people, we are currently in the information gathering stage, we have started the division stage, next comes Martial Law. We have as citizens listened to the Rhetoric of how the TSA has made our skies safer, I call bull sheet, I read a report recently that the TSA failed to stop over 75% of the test red team smuggling weapons on board planes here in the US, well a lot of good those billions of dollars spent has done there. As Marty has said, his 3 inch jackknife is not allowed in Europe, it is also not allowed for carry on, not even a box cutter, for our own safety, are you kidding me? I'm not going to sit back and leave my safety up to folks who get it wrong 75% of the time! personally when I fly! I sit as far back in the plane as possible and carry weapons that we all carry every day! they are called Credit cards, if you think that they can't be used to protect yourself and the rest of the plane you are DEAD wrong but it takes personal responsibility, Liberty and compassion for your fellow man, I never enter a room without knowing how I am going to protect myself and those I love, I suggest that others start thinking the same way, your govt is not at all concerned with your safety, only it's own expansion for more control of the people for power. Wake up America! Protect yourself before that God given right is taken away by the govt that you trust!

Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »

Have you heard of the cameras mounted on squad cars that constantly scans license plates and tracks where vehicles have been and if it reads the plate and there is a warrant out for their arrest it alerts the officer?  Weather the government is watching or not, you should always assume that someone is watching you when using any type of cell phone or computer, as nothing is private these days.

They have those in England as well, scans you’re license plate then the stickers in the window to make sure you’re emissions and safety test is current and that you have insurance, but these are not just on the police cars, they are everywhere. Were getting closer to Orwell’s 1984 everyday but a lot of Europe has been there for awhile.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 08:40:02 AM »

Slim, just to clarify, I wasn't directing that comment about drug dealers towards you in any way and I hope you don't feel like that was the case.  I was simply trying to compare how drug dealers are irrelevent compared to what they are looking for.  I am a very open minded person and I'm not stuck in my ways, so when you guys explain your side of story I honestly take everything you say into consideration.  With that being said, I respect everyone's opinions and don't judge people by what views they have.  I just ask that my views are respected as well.  I don't think that is even an issue here though and I truly enjoy having conversations like this.  Maybe one day we can all get toghether over a few cold ones and when I lose the debait, I'll buy everyone a beer.  I am a supporter of Rand Paul and I would vote for him.  I applaud him and all of you for standing up for what you believe in.  I guess I'm just used to having absolutely zero privacy from being in the military, that this type of thing doesn't bother me. 

I can tell that all of you are very patriotic and I most definitely am myself.  In the end, I think what Rand Paul has done will be what's best for this great nation.  I just don't know if right now is the best time to do it.  With all that is going on in the world, I have to fear for my families safety every day because of the career path I have chosen.  Am I scared?  Not really, but I worry about not being prepared to protect my family if I am caught off guard.  I have huge target painted on my back.  There are individuals who want me dead and if our government is willing to try and prevent that from happening, I'm going to let them.  But as many of you have mentioned, give them an inch and they will take a mile.  This is a touchy subject and it's really not black and white. 

I thank all of you for you comments and for explaining why you think the way that you do.  That's what makes these United States so amazing.

Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 12:12:08 PM »

An ammended bill passed. They will still be recording but they need a warrant to access them.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 12:28:41 PM »

Not to beat a dead horse over the head, but like I pointed out I consider privacy and freedom to be one in the same as you can’t have one without the other. The anti-gun crowd for years has been trying to take a little freedom from gun owners every chance they get with the excuse it’s for the public safety.

Statistics on the other hand say something entirely different though, donut shops, NRA conventions and FOPS are never the scene of a mass shooting and Chicago’s crime rate has dropped drastically since the good people of Illinois were once again allowed to be full citizens of the USA by giving them their second amendment rights back.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 12:41:37 PM »

During WWII we rounded up Japanese-Americans and put them in concentration camps for the public's safety.  You don't see that in the history books anymore, just like the Germans pretend like the Holocaust didn't happen.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2015, 06:15:23 AM »

No offense taken AFP and thank you for your service, you made a choice to be where you are and God bless you for your sacrifice, as for me, although I did my time in the guards back in the early 80s I today feel that big government is not the answer, I feel we are much better served as citizens to get to know your neighbors, help protect them and society by becoming more aware of your personal surroundings, don't leave your own safety to big government spies, LIERS and theives.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »

""govt that you trust""   lol

Chicken farmer

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »

Quote from schoppy:

"How have we fallen so far from the ideals our founders built this country upon? That's easy-when you take GOD out of the equation. You devalue life to a clump of tissue to be discarded, you believe the government can raise children better than a family with a mom and dad and you don't call sin-sin and wonder why people behave like animals?"

This is the answer. period. Ultimate Truth and Morality have been eroded and deluded by people who have fallen prey to sin. We, as a nation, will come under judgement for this.

30 yrs burning wood - new to the boiler scene
Midwestern Ohio

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »

Quote from schoppy:

"How have we fallen so far from the ideals our founders built this country upon? That's easy-when you take GOD out of the equation. You devalue life to a clump of tissue to be discarded, you believe the government can raise children better than a family with a mom and dad and you don't call sin-sin and wonder why people behave like animals?"

This is the answer. period. Ultimate Truth and Morality have been eroded and deluded by people who have fallen prey to sin. We, as a nation, will come under judgement for this.

Careful with that, its the same reasoning that the Westboro Babtist Church uses to protest at service members funerals, if a group doesn’t deserve to be reclassified as a hate group then I don’t know who does.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Pages: 1 [2] 3