Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: heatmore effiency  (Read 12589 times)

ITO

• OWF Brand: HS1
  • OWF Model: 555
    • View Profile
Re: heatmore effiency
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 04:59:45 PM »

Hey Judd's, thx for the link to the manual, mine is a Heatmore knockoff yet very similar, my manual however does not go into that detail, never thought of looking that up.

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: heatmore 200 ss
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 07:14:21 PM »

My grates were completely plugged off with ashes as I had suspected. Its a pain cleaning them out while is burning. But it has helped my effiency some and getting much better ashes now instead of larger chunks. Im really thinking of trying to fit a catalytic combuster in it when I find one to fit. I know more smoke will roll out the door but the combuster should reach a very high temp at burn and help the effiency and keep the exchanger cleaner. hopefully... Now to find one to fit.
jason

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »

I have been wondering has anyone tried dropping the temp to 140 to160 off for better effiency. My thought is the higher temp would have more heat loss or does the higher temp have much better burn effiency.
jason

ITO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 11:27:49 AM »

Jason, I have tried messing with temps and diff's for years, I am sure different heating systems produce different results, for me the lower temps are just not very powerful in cold temps, my DHW heats in a snap at 170, my radiant infloor heat has the same effect, at lower temp settings the pumps run for a long time to keep the floor zones going. There are concerns about return temps below about 150 that can cause sweating ( condensate ) at the return point inside the boiler, some folks don't buy that, I feel it's good to avoid but also my system seems to work so much more consistent at the higher temps.

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »

I've always had good luck with cut in at 160 and cut out at 180.  I'm really glad I got the shaker grates when I bought mine because they are very easy to keep free of ashes.  I usually give them a jiggle every time I load the boiler up. 

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »

I do wish I had the shaker grated. Im gona turn my boiler up some and see what happens. THe lower tem seems to keep the house at a more even temp instead of the house furnace constantly cycling on and off.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »

What do you mean the house furnace cylcling on and off?

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »

Sorry the blower cycles on and off. It seems the hotter it is the more it up and down more rapidly. Does anyone have any ideas for cleaning the ashes out the whole length of the tube clean out. I don't have a ash auger. I cut a trenching shovel narrower but it doesn't work so well.
jason

ITO

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 06:18:41 PM »

That would be hard to do without the auger, I have seen post hole diggers that look like the auger, may have to be modified but maybe Menards or Lowes near you has one that you could look at?

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »

maybe I will check there.

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 08:02:45 PM »

you should be able to contact your local heatmor dealer and purchase the ash auger from them.

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 01:00:00 AM »

Jason, I have tried messing with temps and diff's for years, I am sure different heating systems produce different results, for me the lower temps are just not very powerful in cold temps, my DHW heats in a snap at 170, my radiant infloor heat has the same effect, at lower temp settings the pumps run for a long time to keep the floor zones going. There are concerns about return temps below about 150 that can cause sweating ( condensate ) at the return point inside the boiler, some folks don't buy that, I feel it's good to avoid but also my system seems to work so much more consistent at the higher temps.

Mines set at 170 f  I tried this and it works for -20f   once water up to temp 150-170 f with ashes cleaned out . always keep re-stoking every 4 hours  but only put enough in for 4 hours and because of it drawing so hard it gets dam hot . and only add about 4-5  pieces at a time  ( 5 inch by 5 inch peice oak)  It does take less wood doing it this way . long as your there put next 4-5 pieces in . I believe what its doing is keep fire at same temp all the time . only problem doing it this way is catching it between cycles to add wood . another reason i think this works is How much the cold wood cools off the fire box when you do a fill it full . Your putting a piece of wood that's at -20f  you put in 15 pieces in for the first 45 mins its  like thawing ice blocks .  But like said earlier every system might be little different 

Heat550

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 12:48:07 PM »

Local business is out of business. I wonder If  I can call the cpmpany direct

ITO

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »

I dug this up, once you find your local rep I would think you can buy an auger from them. Probably won't be cheap?
http://www.heatmor.com/parts_service.php#Mikes%20Heating

diesel-dodge

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 09:32:38 AM »

I tried the map. Its either my computer or it doesn't work. I agree the auger prob wont be cheap at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3