Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: does this sight allow embeded code?  (Read 2481 times)

peacmar

• View Profile
does this sight allow embeded code?
« on: October 14, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »

More specifically, embedded code as in pictures hosted by an image hosting website? I have quite a few floating around some safe locations on the net of my burner build and would like to start its own thread but the hassle of downloading them back to the computer and loading them onto this site could prove to be tedious. I'd also like to make my footprint on the server as small as possible for the sake of future growth in our populous.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: does this sight allow embeded code?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »

if you mean putting your photos on a site such as 'photobucket" or some other site and then putting the link in your message here then yes it is allowed

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/billie_boy7/001.jpg
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

peacmar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »

That would work at the least. Some forum base code allows the image code to be embedded within the post so that the image automatically appears when viewing the Txt but you see the actual code which is in Txt form and cut n pasted from the hosting site. I think I may try it out just to see if it works.

peacmar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »

It works!

Primary burn chamber, cross-draft gassification. by Quicksilver99, on Flickr

Bbcode embedded in the post as its written works. Standard html code does not. Simply cut and paste the code info from the hosting site and insert it within the post where ever you want the picture to appear. And you can add Txt wherever you want if you separate it like working with quotes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:31:57 PM by peacmar »