Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New here! Good lookin builds! Here are a few pics of boilers I have built for ya  (Read 5892 times)

woodman6666

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt
  • OWF Model: homebuilt
    • View Profile

First one has 3600 gallons of water, fire box is 8ft round and 10ft deep,spray foamed exterior, loaded with machinery never by hand, average burn times 2-3 weeks, alot of winters we  end up filling it 10 times. Last winter it was mild here and only filled it 6 times.
Second one is a little larger with 5000 gallons of water, firebox is 10ft round and 14ft deep, also spray foamed ext. loaded all with machinery, this one I saved alot of time and effort by making the doors square and just keeping the flange they shut against flat.
Third one is little 300 gallons of water built for  friend of mine similar to a factory made unit.
A few things I always do when building designing, always put water in the doors, always circulate water thru the doors, build many large supply and returns, spray foam is worth the money the 2 large ones here were $1300 a piece to spray. And being able to load with machine is priceless, I put in stumps, round bales, whatever I cant sell or make money on goes in the door.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile

Man that boiler is massive!..What are you heating?
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

woodman6666

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt
  • OWF Model: homebuilt
    • View Profile

The first one is at my farm and it has been operating for over 10 years it heats two shops both have in floor heat one is 60x100 the other is 80x100 plus a couple of houses. Even if I didnt heat alot I still would want a large boiler as the 2-3 week burn times is very nice. I used to be a dealer for one of the major owb companies and to be honest the small doors and twice a  day fillings just reminded me of milking cows as a kid and I wanted nothing to do with that.