Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Looking for new owf  (Read 6805 times)

badger1234

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Looking for new owf
« on: October 10, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »

Had chimney fire last week had an aqua therm boiler inside shed.  Looking for new furnace aqua therm seems to be one of the only closed systems not sure but seem to be way more open systems out there.  I have been looking at central boiler cl 6048, empyer cpw 450, and resently stumbled apon crown royal rs 7400.  When talking to dealers or even factory of coarse they say they have best warrenty/boiler/most efficient/boiler.  I need one very soon tis the season,  i had no complaints about my aqua therm but have nothing to compare it to as well.  Looking for some help thanks

franky1

• View Profile
Re: Looking for new owf
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »

Lots of good talk about the PortageandMain Furnace...

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »

If I could do it all over again I would buy one of the gassers from P&M, Central Boiler, or Pro fab. If you only want a standard boiler any of the top tier brands are comparable in effeciency and price.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »

Had chimney fire last week had an aqua therm boiler inside shed.  Looking for new furnace aqua therm seems to be one of the only closed systems not sure but seem to be way more open systems out there.  I have been looking at central boiler cl 6048, empyer cpw 450, and resently stumbled apon crown royal rs 7400.  When talking to dealers or even factory of coarse they say they have best warrenty/boiler/most efficient/boiler.  I need one very soon tis the season,  i had no complaints about my aqua therm but have nothing to compare it to as well.  Looking for some help thanks
              Wow shed catch on fire and burnt the boiler??.. You live in a EPA phase 2 state?..Aqua-therm still makes the old style boilers...Also check out www.brootenindustries.com Exact same thing as Aqua-Therm
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »

if it was a good boiler i would at least tear it down see if it would be worth a rebuild
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »

What state are you in?

badger1234

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »

I am in wisconsin, the more research I do and dealers and factories I talk to, they say gassers are the way to go.  I don't have to no restrictions yet here but they say its like buying a car with no fuel injection.  I think I'm more lost than when I started just got a quote for a empyer 450 12100 or a 400 gasser 14500 only dealer that offered to look at my situation.  Getting cold can here the lp burning man what to do!!.....

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »

If you would want a gasser or not depends on how you do your wood. Do you store up enough for the whole winter at least half a year ahead of when you will use it to give it plenty of time to dry?
Around here (south central wisconsin) most people seem to either get it out of the woods as they use it or get the winter's supply at this time of year.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 10:51:28 PM »

I am in wisconsin, the more research I do and dealers and factories I talk to, they say gassers are the way to go.  I don't have to no restrictions yet here but they say its like buying a car with no fuel injection.  I think I'm more lost than when I started just got a quote for a empyer 450 12100 or a 400 gasser 14500 only dealer that offered to look at my situation.  Getting cold can here the lp burning man what to do!!.....

14,500 installed?  Or what
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

badger1234

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 05:41:55 AM »

Yes 14500 installed. 

duke

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »

From what Ive read gassers need more maintance, Im on my third season on my stove and love it, i started it september 15 to heat my hot water for now. Once i got my bed of coals going i just throw couple sticks in a day and dump ashes once a week, once it gets cooler ill have to use little more wood and dump ashes twice a week. Got it installed 3 years ago for $8500, its about 50' from house.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher

Troy73

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro 400 and Elite 100 indoor boilerO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »

More maintenance for gassers?? I would much rather spend 10 minutes a couple times a month cleaning heat transfer tubes than cutting twice the wood. Gallon of ash per cord of wood. I will pass on the 30 gallons of ash every month. Just facts I have experienced. Good luck.

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »

CB Eclassic gassers have vertical heat transfer exchangers. Ash falls down into reaction chamber on its own where I shovel about 2 gallons of power out once per month.  I only cleaned my exchangers once at the end of the heating season on my E2400. Stay away from multiple horizontal exchange tubes that require cleaning every 7-10 days. I think this is where all this negative talk is coming from on gasser heat echanger cleaning.

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07:20 PM »

Search what gassers have the highest failure rate. Those are the ones I'd stay away from. The ones with the Scotch Marine style of heat exchange require only bi-monthly cleaning, and that method of heat exchange is tried and true and has been around for 150+ years.

The cleaner you keep your heat exchange area, the more efficient your boiler will be. That is a no brainer.

Good post Troy73!
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

franky1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 07:24:40 AM »

try and talk to strawbalefarms,,he is sumplace in wisconsin,,,he is a dealer of one brand...
strawbalefarms.com
Pages: [1] 2