Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: 48 degree in northern 1/3 of Indiana this morning - Its on  (Read 3775 times)

pdboilermaker

• Training Wheels
  • www.princesspetitepoodles.com
    • View Profile
    • Princess Petite Poodles
48 degree in northern 1/3 of Indiana this morning - Its on
« on: September 29, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »

Due to global warming, I may need to fire up the old woodmaster here in a week or 2.  Good luck to all of you guys, and I apologize, but since I got my boiler 4 years ago, and I heat for free, I always pray everynight for nut freezing cold ;)
Woodmaster 4440, Sthil ms310, Jeep Wrangler to pull home the wood, Noritz tankless water heater, smart car

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: 48 degree in northern 1/3 of Indiana this morning - Its on
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »

56 in ontario canada (southern)  today..let er snow and let er blow..i retired in June i'll cut next years wood on nice fall and winter days and hide inside on the bad ones
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »

I would love to see some big snows this year so I can get the toys out and play, but those high 38, low 22 days kill me for wood consumption.  I just have too much volume.  So I never want it to come..hahaha
Pomeroy, Ohio

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 07:17:41 PM »

Willie-first off, congrats on your retirement.  Had enough of the iron, eh? 

It's been dipping into the low 50s and high 40s here at night.  It was chilly-around 60-all day today.  We fired up the furnace last night and got the bugs out of it today, so I'm all set and ready.  :)
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »

Willie-first off, congrats on your retirement.  Had enough of the iron, eh? 

It's been dipping into the low 50s and high 40s here at night.  It was chilly-around 60-all day today.  We fired up the furnace last night and got the bugs out of it today, so I'm all set and ready.  :)
thanks jason i did stay on in a management position and can mostly choose my days and on the cold ones i will stay inside
i love the job but i have had enough of sitting on that cold iron in jan and feb
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:45:38 AM »

I went ahead and lit a fire last night.  It is not really cold yet here in Ohio but it has been cool at night, so the fire was for two reasons have heat at night in case we need it, and I wanted to get everything up to temp and and make sure everything was still in working order before we really need the heat.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 07:33:18 PM »

That's wise to do.  I did the same the other night and as I said in the electronics section, I did have some issues that I'm glad I discovered when it's 50 out and not 20.

Anyhow, it's fine now.  Still didn't talk to my father in law but it does seem to be fixed.
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 07:52:33 PM »

what type of bugs are you talking about , a list of things to check or look for or watch out for would be helpful, the do's and don'ts. any help would be great. :thumbup:
Newrichmond, Ohio

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »

I had a low voltage wire in the basement work itself loose somehow over the summer.  Father in law tracked it down and fixed it.  That got the pumps going again.  My furnace has a low water indicator light on the side facing the house.  When the water level drops a floating switch drops and turns on the light.  Something is amiss and the light is on all the time.  I checked; the switch is not stuck.  Haven't checked it out yet though.  Minor issue, really.

That's about it, I guess.
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 06:09:08 PM »

i figured that would be just about the payback time for my furnace, not counting the fact that we keep the heat on 75 now instead of 65. you know those wifes!   :thumbup:
Newrichmond, Ohio