Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: some people are crazy  (Read 3113 times)

bruey

• View Profile
some people are crazy
« on: October 15, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

was just on another chat site for wood burners, mostly boilers , you would think we are the scum of the earth, i mean, really, crazy, causing cancer, global warming, distruction of mother earth, give me a break, i just want to heat my house and clean up my farm at the same time.  people have just become so damn brainwashed, and i wonder why our country is so screwed up.
Newrichmond, Ohio

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: some people are crazy
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:47:57 PM »

was just on another chat site for wood burners, mostly boilers , you would think we are the scum of the earth, i mean, really, crazy, causing cancer, global warming, distruction of mother earth, give me a break, i just want to heat my house and clean up my farm at the same time.  people have just become so damn brainwashed, and i wonder why our country is so screwed up.
i mostly agree with you bruey, but some folks do have cause to complain...if there is not enough room between the owner of the OWB and the neighbour they can be smoked out especially if the OWB owner is one of them that burn all their garbage and plastics and such in the stove

some folks think these things are garbage disposals and burn what ever they can ..not so good for folks close by

however i do agrre that if you are a responsible owner and burn good dry wood there is no reason you and your neighbours cant get along

i had a neighbour once whom burned the rubber coating off of copper wire to take to the recycle center when ever the price was up some days he would have a fire going for 12 or more hours..i had to leave home for the day if the wind was my way
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:02:59 PM »

Been there! Got Hammered Too! Willie's right, if you use your owb as directed, there souldn't be any problems..Wet/non-seasoned wood creates alot of smoke and waste alot of energy from the owb.
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky
Central boiler 5036 installed in 09

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 02:02:56 PM »

a little unknown fact to go along with the burning of wood.  What happens to wood as it rots out in the woods?  It also goes to carbon just like burning it.  So don't let anyone tell you about producing excess carbon when most environmentalists really don't know any of the chemistry behind what they are talking about...
Pomeroy, Ohio

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »

lets close this thread..where it is headed is not what i think this site is all about..there can be many many points of views all about what is in wood smoke and such

lets leave the arguing over particles in the smoke and carcinegens in the smoke from chemical changes on the other sites

personly a little wiff of smoke from the fire now and then is rather nice to my senses
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada