Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Empyre Elite 100XT pics  (Read 4701 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Empyre Elite 100XT pics
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:39:39 PM »

Thought I would share some pics of the wood in my gasser, properly stacking it is very important to make sure the wood falls down over the nozzles.

This pic shows some bridging going on, hard to tell but the wood is being held up 3-4" above the nozzles, not good for a gasser.

This picture shows the secondary burn chamber while at idle.

Here is a couple pics of wood properly reloaded in the firebox.

This video shows the end result.....

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t387/Scott7m/12692FF0-DEC6-4804-801B-BFC95E8769BE-196-000000083EC14630.mp4

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:43:50 PM by Scott7m »
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: Empyre Elite 100XT pics
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

Scott - Those are great pics of the proper way the gasser needs to be loaded to prevent bridging.  So far this year I haven't had any bridging with my wood.  Last year was my first season with the CB eclassic 1400 and it bridged a couple of times.  Now I know what NOT to do.   Thanks for sharing.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »

Clean them dang exchange tubes Scott! :)

I see how they redesigned that boiler now. Looks like it should work just fine.

I'm thinkin'  I need to post some pictures of a manly man's gasser in action, so I'll try to take some pictures of mine this weekend and get them posted! >:D ;) :)

Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 07:14:58 PM »

Lol. Don't make me post a pro 400 in action lol

As far as cleaning those tubes, they'll stay like that forever it seems, they have a bit of powdery stuff in them.

Marty, did you ever get any pro former?  I finally have some headed my way, let me know if you still wanna try it
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »

Nice pics Scott, thanks for posting. I use to think I really wanted a gasser, mostly for the wood savings and partialy because they are just so cool. I am really starting to rethink that with all the talk about bridging and tube cleaning. I have been burning absolute JUNK all season. Pine, willow, large unsplit chunks of pine that have 2"-3" stubs all over them that came from a tree service for free. Yes it is all dry but it is not very pretty. Throw it in and forget it. I really question if I could get away with that with a gasser?   

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »

Nice pics Scott, thanks for posting. I use to think I really wanted a gasser, mostly for the wood savings and partialy because they are just so cool. I am really starting to rethink that with all the talk about bridging and tube cleaning. I have been burning absolute JUNK all season. Pine, willow, large unsplit chunks of pine that have 2"-3" stubs all over them that came from a tree service for free. Yes it is all dry but it is not very pretty. Throw it in and forget it. I really question if I could get away with that with a gasser?

With a pro 200 or pro 400 you'd be fine, the main thing with this one is the tiny firebox..  The tube cleaning isn't a big deal really.  You did read how few of times I've done it this winter.  When you go to a pro 200 or 400, the firebod dwarfs these and wood loading is much more forgiving. 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697