Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HI All !  (Read 4715 times)

the trailmaster

• OWF Brand: CENTRAL BOILER
  • OWF Model: 2400
    • View Profile
Re: HI All !
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 01:10:40 PM »

Going to try a weed control torch on the back of my 2400 to loosen the creo. which plugs the air holes.  Has anyone used it, does it work?  I read here last year that some folks had good luck.  My air hole panels cannot be removed, so I'm going to give this a try when I start burning.  The back of the boiler is the worst.  Thanks for all the info you guys share, it's a wealth of info  trailmaster
Trailmaster  Plymouth NH

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 02:49:26 PM »

That's what I did but the stove was warm yet,be surprised how much is in there

UPSGuy03

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Cenrtal Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »

it is entirely possible that some of it wasnt dry enough . i dont have a moisture tester but am considering getting one . Any reccomendations? My brother in law owns a tree business and i have unlimited wood and use of all his stuff so i just grab the log truck move some down and cut and split it up the conveyor and into a single axle then drive it a mile home. So this method of heating is a no brainer ha ha!
He has an older classic and thats where i first saw these things in action. This is our first season with it so most of my wood here is freshly split but has been down for years in log length piles at his place .. there is MOUNTAINS of it.. Hurricane Irene gave us plenty ! So going forward ill have alot more here split and be able to properly rotate and season it. She is still running like a beast and doing great! also i was thinking more about that screen... it shouldnt have come out that esay.. i think it may have curled back up and fallen into the top of the stack sideways and just laid there like a magnet. anyway all is good here for now and yes the more info shared the better for the whole community ! ill post some pics of the log piles it will blow your mind !
Great Meadows New Jersey

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 06:31:54 AM »

No screen in my cap just keeps rain,snow out
Pages: 1 [2]