Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: E-Classic 1400 Fan not working properly  (Read 2394 times)

Spartacus81

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E1400
    • View Profile
E-Classic 1400 Fan not working properly
« on: December 15, 2014, 01:01:48 PM »

Hey everyone ... first time posting here ... hoping someone can help me as I've had this problem for over a month now intermittently.

I have a 2 year old 1400. Worked perfectly last year with no issues. This year i have an issue that seems to resurface every few weeks and takes days to remedy. The problem is this:

The Fan and Solenoids seem to have no rhyme or reason as to when they're on and off ... with much more off than on. My fires are going out and I can't get the water up to temp. The fan might run for 5-10 minutes, get the reaction temp up to 1.12, and then ... for no reason ... just turn off for 15-20 minutes at a time ... sometimes longer. it does this when the water is below temp (approx 150 right now and it's doing this). I've turned off and on, rest to factory settings, cleaned everything i could find ... and still no change to the issue.

The weirdest thing is ... after about 3 days ... at least in the last month - it starts to work just fine ... for a few weeks at least. Then, some morning I'll walk out there with a FO blinking and water at linke 150, and open the door and the fan won't kick in ... so no air gets in ...

I've called the CB dealer and he didn't have a real good idea of what it could be ... thought maybe the controller was in a weird mode and told me to try and "trick it" back into the right mode.

Is the Fan starting to die? Are my Solenoids going bad?  Is my controller wacked out?  I'm honestly at my whitt's end and could use some expertise that I've seen here on the board. Any idea would help.  How do fans and solenoids behave when they're dying?

Frustrated in MN ...

Big Wood

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler Heatsource 1
  • OWF Model: E-2300 Model 2000
    • View Profile
Re: E-Classic 1400 Fan not working properly
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »

If you have cleaned the probe in the reaction chamber and everything else is cleaned then call your dealer and tell him you want a new firestar controller yours has gone bad should be replaced by CB if not its cost is around $120.00 good luck its easy to change out
Outdoor wood boiler repair and help

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
Re: E-Classic 1400 Fan not working properly
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »

Maybe you should ohm out the selinoids if I remember they should be between 15-30 ohms with wires all unplugged to ALL of them power  OFF,not sure what the fan ohms should be but it could be acting up,but does sound like it's the firestar but check selinoids before you could burn up the new firestar also.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:17:56 PM by 5050racing »