Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Low temp/water indicator light ?  (Read 6346 times)

Brad

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
Low temp/water indicator light ?
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »

Not sure if all models have the red light on the side but mine keeps going on. I checked the water level and temp and it all seems fine. I talked to my dealer/installer guy the other night and he said the sensor is super touchy and it could be down a cup of water and trigger the indicator light.  Goes off- goes back on just kind of bugs me to see the light on. Anyone else have this happen?  Between this and trying to get my indoor registers hot on all floors it's kind of driving me crazy. Each damn day it's something different. I'm in a new house for me (old farm house with crappy windows) and just trying to get everything to work together in sync seems tough. 
Aitkin, Minnesota

jack1243

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: 500 gallon Hick Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 50003212008
    • View Profile
Re: Low temp/water indicator light ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »

Brad I understand your frustration. I too have a new OWF that is different from any on this site. I've been learning what it can and cannot do. The guys here are most helpful with suggestions and ideas. We've got an 1880's 2 story Victorian that we heat on the lower level with the stove. It's a learning process. Good luck with yours.

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 08:08:51 AM »

Hardy's are natorious for losing water.  When my indicator light comes on I usually wait a day or two before I add anything.  I usually only add a half gallon at a time and it usually shuts the light off.  I really only lose a lot of water when it gets cold and windy just because the water evaporates faster in those conditions.  Don't let it bug you, it's just one of those things!
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

Brad

• OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 08:43:03 AM »

Thanks guys for the info.  I will keep an extra eye on the water level the next couple of days. It's supposed to be really cold here in mn with windchills at the -20 to -30 levels. 
Aitkin, Minnesota

Brauma

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »

How do you check the water level in a H2? Sorry - newbie question.

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »

If your light isn't on (assuming that it works) your water level is fine.  However, if you want to visually check the water level, just get something to stand on (unless you are 8ft tall), pull out the condensing stack and look into the tank.  You will be able to see the water level float in there as well.
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter