Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: central boiler water testing  (Read 7633 times)

DODGEGIRL

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
central boiler water testing
« on: October 10, 2010, 06:59:40 PM »

After alot of the water boiling out of our stove, we had to add more water and another jug of corrosion inhibitor.We just cant get the water in the test bottle to turn pink.Suppose to have to put in 20 drops and no more than 30 to get the pink color to last for one minute.It just wont turn pink.Put in like 45 drops and nothing.Tested water that we used to fill the stove and the PH was 7.After putting water back in stove that we lost and circulating 24 hours PH was like 9 before adding corrosion inhibitor.Can't figure it out.Cant get water to turn pink at all.Don't know what to do. Need to figure it out before it gets too cold out.Does this mean the water is corrosive?

jon d

• View Profile
Re: central boiler water testing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:11:24 PM »

The permanganate u use to make the test turn pink is only good for @1 year. It goes bad quickly. I went through the same deal with water testing last year.   If your CB dealer is not close to u , u can get it on line at  store.outsideheating.com
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky
Central boiler 5036 installed in 09

adamant

• View Profile
    • my pic site
Re: central boiler water testing
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:22:32 AM »

dodge girl...my permaginate went bad.. i bought a new kit and it tested fine. the dealer told me to keep it in the house because the elements out side wipes it out.. i used to keep it in that little pocket in the door... lol central boiler told me that was just for transportation...
so what did you find out?
gas forced hot air/gas hot water
buck supreme insert 2/14/1991 to 2/21 2007 (rip)
LOPI freedom bay insert. (present)
central boiler classic 6048

NEW JERSEY

what we do on the weekends
http://community.webshots.com/user/adamant117

http://adamant.pictiger.com/