Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Log lift  (Read 2840 times)

benj1975

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: home made
  • OWF Model: Sir Devil
    • View Profile
Log lift
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »

just made this over the weekend.should really save my back!

Home made outdoor wood boiler log lift ;)
Husqvarna 562XP  24" bar                                                                          
Husqvarna  350. 18" bar                                                                  Marshall Michigan 16 years of burning wood.                                       Homemade Boiler 2012

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: Log lift
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »

NIce job on the log lift.
I am not sure though that your going to want to steady it and try to let the winch off while its flashing back fire on you when you load.
I have thought of a similar idea using the winch to raise a self leveling set if "forks" that would swivel into the boiler opening and then just either dump or roll the log off the side.then pull the "forks" back out and let down to the ground.
I hope it works out like you want.You will love the free heat you get this year. >:D
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

benj1975

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: home made
  • OWF Model: Sir Devil
    • View Profile
Re: Log lift
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »

Not too worried about the heat most of the time I will be wearing a coat. plus I am use to it I work with large steam boilers at work all the time.
As far as the free heat goes love it. I have been burning wood in the house in a add on for 15 years now. I am very excited to get the mess and fire out of the house.
Husqvarna 562XP  24" bar                                                                          
Husqvarna  350. 18" bar                                                                  Marshall Michigan 16 years of burning wood.                                       Homemade Boiler 2012