Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: still building stove  (Read 3855 times)

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
still building stove
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:26:49 PM »

still building my stove many thanks to all with the good advice first thing I have learned is welding and welding to hold water is two different things. But I am getting better. My stove is a thirty six inch pipe inside a forty two inch pipe. Smoke stack comming down into the fire box just like a shaver stove. Am looking for help on a fire door and a ash door. And wiring as in how to make my blower and celanoid to work off of the aquastat The pump will run 24/7 just blower will turn off and on from tempture of stove at aquastat. Witch comes to the next question where on a shaver is the aquastat and how it is on the stove? I have been told to put a well by the out goin water pipe. What is the best methed for this well? Has any body ever used an AC coil for a heat exchanger I plan to expand the in and out lines to one inch. The copper in the coil is already 3/8 inch. Thanks for any and all help.   :bash:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:31:03 PM by beeman »
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: still building stove
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:07:14 PM »

I know if you use a Ranco aquastat controller.It will switch on the solenoid and blower by itself.It has an internal relay.Not sure on what the amp load limit is on it.
If you already have an regular aquastat.It will open and close the contacts for your fan and solenoid.Just pig tail them together.Hot into  aquastat.then power out to the fan and solenoid.Neutrals together back to the the neutral from your power coming to the stove from your breaker box..When the temp cools down the stat will close.sending power to fan ,and solenoid.When it reaches the hi limit it will open killing power to the fan and solenoid.
Now if you want to get fancy ,and have the 3 way switch on front so it interupts power to the fan and solenoid,but then turns on a light in front.You will have to draw out the circuit to get it all right.
I know I have some crazy wiring going into the build of my gassifier.I have had a buddy who messes with electronics make me up a schematic.

I am no electrician,but play one in my shop.So don't take anything I said to heart,as I probably have it wrong.It probably isn't code approved either.So I am just giving you some ideas.Really it's not that complicated.Just take your time ,and give us or someone else all the details of how your stove is going to run,and what you need controlled.
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:37 PM »

I don't know about using the a/c coil.I am going to use a truck radiator in my shop for temporary solution till I get the floor hooked up.
Oh and my well for my controller ,and the well for my hi temp aqua stat is in the upper half of my stove.I figure if something happens ,and for some reason it keeps running theat the water at the top will boil before the bottom.So the sooner it stops a runaway the better.Just my opinion.
good luck.
I totally agree welding to hold water is another ball game.I have been welding ,and fabbing for going on 15 yrs.Made a quench oil tank that you could put a truck in when I was an apprentice.I wasn't there when the tested it ,but was told it had a few leaks.Said I did a good job.I too had alot of leakers on mine.Had to keep going over stuff.All sealed up now so we will see how it goes.
Biggest trick is keep the metal clean.
oh ,and without pics there is no proof >:D
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

beeman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »

thanks for the help whent down after work to try some more no leak but was a wet spot as if seeping ground it out tryed to reweld burned 3 new holes learned dont weld when its been a bad day at work and it was getting dark this is my first big project but am proud how it has been turning out been taking lots of picturs but cant figure out how to post tryed last night it said i was using to much space  i to like them this has been such a grate site  try to check every night just dont log in guss i could put them on facebook  have a safe night and a good tomrow

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »

Nothing like the feeling of making something for yourself. :thumbup:
I know I am getting excited with my build,so I know how you feel.There will be times when you wonder what were you thinking.Just walk away ,take a deep breath ,and work on another part of it.
on your pics size this is what I do.
Your computer has "paint" program.
1st open it up.
2nd select the file tab,go down to open.click it.then find the folder or wherever you have your picture.select the pic you want then click open on the window with the pic you want.
3rd your pic will be huge,So go to the tab at the top of the paint that says "image" click it ,and then select "resize/skew"

4th enter 15 in the  horizontal ,and vertical boxs then hit enter.
wallaaaa your pic is now shrunk.Go back to the file button,and then select" save as" and then rename it.
5th
Now go and upload that pic to your post ,and it will work fine.Thats how I have done all mine on my build thread.
Way easier than downloading some program to do it. :thumbup:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

beeman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »

jackel trying what you said thanks for the help  didt get nothing done tonight picked up another tv and fixed a stoped up sewer drain . Tomarrow going to work on the coil need to braze on another header so they will both be one inch. I will half to take pictures and let you know how this workes. It is a flat coil from a central air unit it is the evap coil Would be another metthed for a coil that is cheep to make yourself. If th pictures work hope to post a lot more one is of the firechamber it is 3ft X 3 ft. 3/8 in thick from a propain tank the front and back is 1/2 plate the second picture is 4ft X 4 ft. will be the water chamber 1/4 in thick. Amazed to here people can make one of these in one week end I haft to work in my free time as you can see from the picture it is out side found out it is no fun to weld in the rain.   :o :o Thanks for your help Just like Bees team work

[attachment deleted by admin]