Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is a Non-Epa stove allowed to heat an outbuilding?  (Read 9970 times)

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Is a Non-Epa stove allowed to heat an outbuilding?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 09:22:46 AM »

Well, I know for a fact I can heat my 32x48 for under $250 with $.89 LP so there's that. Little things called design temp and heating degree days will tell that tale every time with a heat loss calc. Sorry about your poor insulation and poor heater efficiency, my math was simply a correlation of the BTU usage estimated by you- which was obviously way wrong. Surely didn't mean to strike a chord with you and I'm sorry for trying to help. Enjoy processing 5-6 cord of wood every year to heat your garage
   You sound like our heat pump loving salesman where I work as a HVAC service tech. I sure get tired of trying to explain to customers why the bill was higher and they didn’t save the money they were told 😂😂😂.

Those heat pump people are all the same lol. I'm not trying to sell a darn thing though, just weighing options on paper. If I was trying to push the gas I sure wouldn't be on a wood boiler forum and be burning wood myself. However if I didn't have 3 buildings and 6800 sq ft of space and a sidewalk to heat, that would likely change. My 32x48 was just put up and I did the math on it, debating whether it made more sense to dig a lineset from the boiler or just run it on gas. It came out very close dollar-wise but that's with having the OWB already in place, so the extra wood isn't a huge deal because I'm bringing some in anyway. Spending $6-8k on a unit and processing firewood solely to heat a 1500 sq ft garage just doesn't pan out financially unless the heat loss is tremendous and cutting wood is a hobby. Processing the quantity of wood that Pointblank will need to satisfy his garage would take quite a few hours, so if your time is worth anything or you were to put that time in getting paid at work instead of bucking wood for free it doesn't make financial sense. I, for one, do not enjoy cutting and splitting and hauling and stacking firewood but my time is worth little enough that it still works out financially.
Pages: 1 2 [3]