Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: real temp of water leaving the boiler  (Read 5345 times)

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
real temp of water leaving the boiler
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:21:35 AM »

I have checked the boiler water temp at the bung leaving the boiler and Im only seeing may at best 155 and was wondering am I get a good reading or is my aqua stat out of cal?

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: real temp of water leaving the boiler
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »

I have checked the boiler water temp at the bung leaving the boiler and Im only seeing may at best 155 and was wondering am I get a good reading or is my aqua stat out of cal?
depends where your aquastat is and where your pipe is drawing water from...if your stat is on the top of your furnace and your out pips is say a foot or so lower  then yes your water could be a different temp. If your stat and your out pipe are very clsoe to gether then yes...your stat or your measuring device is wrong

my stat is at the top of the fire box, and near the front (chimney exit) ..and my out pipe is about 4 inches lower and at the rear of the stove  i have about 10 lower leaving the stove than the stat says..in fact i have a thermometer at both places i have my stat set at 160 (in the middle of the stove...one guage (at the front of the stove where the chimney exits) reads 162 at shut off...the gauge at the back of the stove reads 154..the gauged at my floor heat (before entering the mixing valve) reads 151 so i am losing 3 degrees in a 250 foot run...i live with it
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

R W Ohio

• View Profile
Re: real temp of water leaving the boiler
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »

On the stove that we have,the thermometer is near the top on the front of the furnace (loading door end) the outlet for the pump is on the other end at the bottom.I have  thermocouples at several points in the system and  the temp. is the same at the thermometer and the temp.leaving the pump.From the pump to where the water enters the house I loose from 1/2 to 1°F. The under ground pipe is about a 70' run.I used Uercon to carry the two 1" PEX/AL/PEX from the outdoor unit to the house,28" under the surface of the ground.
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06